Everything But the Girl - new album "Fuse" - blu-ray w/Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know who did the Atmos mix? Just put on the blu ray now... It's really good! Fully discrete and uses all the channels well. I tried looking in the booklet but it's just got the lyrics - I think?! It's got this kinda warped 'hall of mirrors' italic font which is slightly headache inducing and hard to read!

Anyone know who did the Atmos mix? Just put on the blu ray now... It's really good! Fully discrete and uses all the channels well. I tried looking in the booklet but it's just got the lyrics - I think?! It's got this kinda warped 'hall of mirrors' italic font which is slightly headache inducing and hard to read!
Couldn't help but smile when the vocals during the chorus of "Run A Red Light" came out of the front height speakers! Glad this one made it to Blu-Ray...

I think the technical details should be written here, but this just looks like Matrix code to me. I can't see a thing - must need reading glasses. 🤓 "I'm blind Dec, I'm blind!"

Can anyone decipher what this says?!? 😵‍💫 Edit - Looking at the photo is a bit easier than in the book... I think it says "Additional Dolby Atmos spatial audio mix engineering by STEVE EVANS..."?
EBTG.jpg

Last edited:
I think the technical details should be written here, but this just looks like Matrix code to me. I can't see a thing - must need reading glasses. 🤓 "I'm blind Dec, I'm blind!"

Can anyone decipher what this says?!? 😵‍💫 Edit - Looking at the photo is a bit easier than in the book... I think it's says "Additional Dolby Atmos spatial audio mix engineering by STEVE EVANS..."?
View attachment 90815
Additional Dolby Atmos spatial audio mix engineering by Steve Evans at The Fortress for Evansson Audio Media

Hmm. Blu Ray Hard Disc. Dolby ATMOS signal.

Track 1: No Atmos heights barely engaged.
Track 2: Top front heights engaged.
Track 3: Heights, tiny bit rears 3/4 the way through.
Track 4: Heights, barely ambient.
Track 5: Heights, finally a little action, if for a moment, mostly in chorus with backing vocals.
Track 6: Heights, barely ambient.
Track 7: Heights, barely ambient.
Track 8: Heights, barely ambient.
Track 9: Heights, barely ambient.
Track 10: Heights, barely ambient. a little flickering in the heights, middle of song.

Track 5: Heights, finally a little action, if for a moment, mostly in chorus with backing vocals.
Track 10: Heights, barely ambient. a little flickering in the heights, middle of song.
It's what I got hammered earlier for saying, it's a tame Atmos mix, and still some give it 10. ;)

I wish someone posted a breakdown like this in the DSOTM 50th poll thread...

Surprisingly dynamic stereo mix! (The CD and Blu-Ray mastering are identical)
Fuse Dynamics.PNG

Are atmos mixes generally mastered this quietly? I personally believe that if both the stereo mix and a surround sound mix are folded down to mono, they should be the same loudness. (Funnily enough, it's so quiet, it's even quieter than the stereo mix. That's something I rarely see.

Also, the LFE channel here is quiet the point of it being pointless. It makes me wonder why one would even bother having one at all if it's so quiet. I also question the point of an LFE channel in the first place when receivers already route the low-frequency information to the subwoofer.
Nothing Left to Lose Atmos Dynamics.PNG

Also, the LFE channel here is quite the point of it being pointless. It makes me wonder why one would even bother having one at all if it's so quiet. I also question the point of an LFE channel in the first place when receivers already route the low-frequency information to the subwoofer.
I run my system with my floor speakers set to full range as they IMAX certified, my fronts have dual 10” woofers, and sides and rears have dual 7” woofers, and run 4x subs.

So yes I want LFE if that’s intended by the artist, engineers and mixers.

So it’s an option to push things to the LFE or not, and I along with my buddy do not use that option.

Last edited:
Met them at a signing at Tower Records (RIP) on Clark Street in Chicago.

Had tix for the following night at the Vic in Chicago. I tried to get tix several weeks before. Sold out! Flew back from a business trip on Friday and got a message from the Vic to stop by and p/u tix. Fourth row center. Nice to have friends!

Signing was Saturday. Concert was Sunday.

Ben spent 45 minutes-ish DJ'ing before concert. It was '98, Walking 🚶‍♂️ Wounded 🚶‍♀️ tour.

Great Concert and wonderful people. Tracey and Ben couldn't have been nicer! Told Ben my next door neighbor was a ringer for him. Ben responded, "I feel sorry for the poor guy." Ben was recovering from some serious health issues at the time.
I really miss that Clark Street Tower Records and hitting the downstairs deli afterwards or tasty pizza at My Pi down the street (also RIP?) Must have been a great show at the Vic!

I really miss that Clark Street Tower Records and hitting the downstairs deli afterwards or tasty pizza at My Pi down the street (also RIP?) Must have been a great show at the Vic!
I miss Tower Records London in Piccadilly Circus. I remember moving to the UK in 95 and it was the biggest record store I had ever seen. And all music was in only 3 genre categories. And I mean ALL music regardless of format, media.

- What were the 3 genre categories Tower Records London placed all music Messi’s under ?

Back