EzBoard "View Counter" Bug

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

I'm sure that a number of members have noticed that counters on the "Views" column of our forum have a tendency to "rollback" every so often. In some cases your views, do not register at all. This is a bug in the EzBoard software and has been reported on the "Bug Report" section of the main board. It has yet to be addressed.

For those of you that have posted something and then noticed later that it appears that no one has bothered to read your post, please note that your post is being read. It just may not show up on the counter. I realize that this can be very disconcerting to new members who may feel it's not worth their time to post if no one is going to bother to read it in the first place.

The way the "bug" was reported, is that when someone views a post with out leaving a response, the counter many times will not register and on occasion, will cause the "Views" counter to actually roll back to a previous level. If you look through the subject posts in any of the forum topics, you'll see a number of posts that have "0" views. This is due to the "bug". I can personally say that I've read every post since the board became operational and I know that others have as well. Hopefully this will we corrected shortly. In the meantime, don't let counter numbers keep you from participating on the board.

The "Replies counters" do not seem to be affected.

Back