Fake Mojave Productions Blog

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrat

A late Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.

I've been meaning to lurk for a while longer before getting back into
action at the 'noid, but it has been brought to my attention that
there is a fake Mojave Productions blog (http://mojaveproductions- shell.blogspot.com/) out there. If you have problems with that blog or
any of it's posts - PLEASE DO NOT e-mail the mojave productions google
e-mail address - I can't help you.

Also it would be appreciated if you would comment in the comments at
the blog to get the guy to change the name.

Cheers,
desertrat

Oh, that's priceless! I especially love the "JETHRO TULL - WAR SHILD" postiing :)

Hey DR - good to see you here!

Hey DR!
this guy's also stolen a lot of people's work in here, including mine.
He just d/l'd them and reposted them on RS with a different name..

bad karma dude....you don't do that shit...

guess that's the way it is for now...

hm, just curious, so many times were questioned here "why surround sound for all years of existance didn't become a big and popular in masses" and yet when someone try to bring it to masses, same people who cares about MC format, begun to complain
isn't ironic? :)

Sorry to seems to sing out of the choir... it's better to have a cloned site done by a bada** guy than nothing at all. He may gain some RS points by himself, i don't mind... the important thing is that lot of surround titles - including the ones done by me - are still available somewhere and people can get it and enjoy multichannel music. After all, when i did my work i wasn't seeking for some kind of revenue... was just glad to do it well and have it out for everyone to enjoy, since these things are pretty scarce, usually expensive and hard to work properly.
Said that, kudos to dr for the hard work he did; someone else copied it, it's no fun but nowadays it may happen easily... for me the important thing is to keep spreading out the surround sound. After all, i strongly doubt that without all the "homemade" surround conversion things that are going by many years we would had seen in the recent BAD times for "official surround stuff" things like the Doors, Talking Heads and King Crimson editions.

Otto and Winopener - I don't think the problem was so much that he put the stuff up, but that he put it up using someone else's good name. We all know Mojave and the quality of his work, and the effort he but into the Mojave Productions blog. It's not offensive that someone cloned the site - it's that he ripped off Mojave's moniker to do it.

BTW, if you look today, you'll see that he changed the name of the site after many complaints from folks here. Good job, Quad Legion!

Being clear that i'm not involved both with the ukranian guy or dr, just think about this: it was easier to find out the "clone" site with a copy of a well-known name - after all is the same trick that many bada** companies does, just changing the .com of a serious company with a .info, .biz or whatever.
The fact that he has changed the name could speaks good for him - probably he does read here and realized he had upset someone else - for me the important thing is that the real surround stuff can be dl' from somewhere.

Otto and Winopener - I don't think the problem was so much that he put the stuff up, but that he put it up using someone else's good name.

it seems he didn't claimed or pretended to be DR. only use mojave name, but as i understand from the rumours, desertrat has abandoned his project.
if i'm wrong, someone will correct me.

hey DR nice to see you here..ironically talking about your clone...heres a thong if he get any problems from his stuff..who we talk to ? you .him? some stuff is posted as dvd a when its a dvd v with dts tracks..its a very loose term...even dts cd's on amazon get called dvd audio for some reason..

a old definition for quad
thats nice..but a lyyle deceptive dont you thnk? but like saying mono stereo...nevermind..i live in a mad world anyway..i buy a queen dvd with dts 96/24 and it plays back as 48/16 even rippers id the track as 48/16 but after playing back as a ripped file is id'd as 96/24...thats what you need stuff that makes no sense...

ps anyone know how to play dtshd files?

Back