Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In other more positive news I'm sure it won't be too long before the next batch is announced.
Oh relieved to hear this. Because the recent classical releases plus a new disc could qualify as this quarter’s release schedule. I wouldn’t blame them if that was it for right now. But I do want to rock. I’d be happy to have something worth playing loud enough to blow my AVR, or speakers right out!

ACK!!! It's Queen Vickies birthday and no new DV discs to order yet. Hoping there's no trouble at DV.

never fear! the brave Sir Steely Dave said DV were "still alive and well" and a new slew shouldn't be too far away!! from Watford to Walford, HBD Queen Vic and all who get sloshed in her! glug glug glug! 🍾 🍻

My Vocalion discs just came, Firebird, the Chet Atkins and the free classical sampler. Haven't listened yet. I'm a little surprised still no new release announcements but I just got a shipping notice for Futurama so I'll have plenty to listen to.

Jefe, fear not. Steelydave assured us that D~V's new QUAD SACD release schedule is VERY imminent. In the meantime, enjoy your new discs. Glad you took advantage of the FREEBIE EPOCH Classical Sampler. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jefe, fear not. Steelydave assured us that D~V's new QUAD SACD release schedule is VERY imminent. In the meantime, enjoy your new discs. Glad you took advantage of the FREEBIE EPOCH Classical Sampler. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I just looked for that post he made and could not find it anywhere. Maybe it’s been deleted? I know some of my posts have also been deleted, so it would not be that surprising.

Like that other forum, they delete things here and there now and again.

I just looked for that post he made and could not find it anywhere. Maybe it’s been deleted? I know some of my posts have also been deleted, so it would not be that surprising.

Probably in another D~V thread. Steeldave did say [paraphrased] that he had it on good authority that Soul, Latin, Jazz and Rock SACDs were forthcoming. Michael Dutton did not want to officially announce those titles until they arrived at D~V's headquarters from the pressing plants in Austria.

IMO, don't blame him. I and many others are still awaiting our Stereo SACD of Jimi Hendrix's ARE YOU EXPERIENCED which was pre~ordered early last year!

Probably in another D~V thread. Steeldave did say [paraphrased] that he had it on good authority that Soul, Latin, Jazz and Rock SACDs were forthcoming. Michael Dutton did not want to officially announce those titles until they arrived at D~V's headquarters from the pressing plants in Austria.

IMO, don't blame him. I and many others are still awaiting our Stereo SACD of Jimi Hendrix's ARE YOU EXPERIENCED which was pre~ordered early last year!
No, there was a MD quote separately from Dave’s mention. Michael mentioned genres coming, Dave mentioned very soon.

Dave’s comment is gone. Or at least I didn’t find it searching through every comment he has made in last two months.

But does not matter as long as the announcement is coming and it comes soon. I’m about to blow my entire Dutton budget on Chris Squire’ “Fish our of Water” and I don’t exactly love that album. I’m just craving some rock surround and this is one of the big highly rated, and anticipated surround releases in the past year or so.

No, there was a MD quote separately from Dave’s mention. Michael mentioned genres coming, Dave mentioned very soon.

Yes, a quote from the most recent email that Dutton Vocalion sent out. From earlier in this thread (post # 87).

"Our next batch of titles, due soon, comprise a tantalising selection of soul, Latin, jazz and rock reissues, all of which are in the SACD format. Full details will be sent nearer the time; meanwhile, keep an eye on the Vocalion website for updates.

You can also keep up to date with all things Vocalion and Dutton Epoch by visiting our Facebook page. And don’t forget to visit the Low Stocks/Deletions section of our website, home to the final reserves of several back-catalogue titles. This may be your last chance to obtain these rarities."

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...epoch-sacd-release-schedule.25002/post-427897

Just to speculate outside the box for a moment; this whole quagmire for unknowns - aka Brexit, may end up affecting music lovers here in the USA and elsewhere also. Austria which is in the E.U., is where that SACD multichannel plant is located. How may that play into contracts with British companies like D-V that potentially will be caught up in all that mess? That is just one small example, and something for everyone to keep an eye on.

Just to speculate outside the box for a moment; this whole quagmire for unknowns - aka Brexit, may end up affecting music lovers here in the USA and elsewhere also. Austria which is in the E.U., is where that SACD multichannel plant is located. How may that play into contracts with British companies like D-V that potentially will be caught up in all that mess? That is just one small example, and something for everyone to keep an eye on.

My dearest Pupster 🐶 ......that's the least of Britain's worries .........A more imminent threat

See the source image

See the source image

One thing I did notice, JP, when I received my RBCDs from Dutton Vocalion recently is that they have been having everything pressed in Austria, including hundreds upon hundreds of their CDs so I sure they have a great working relationship with that plant.

Of course how the British £ will ultimately be affected by Brexit is anyone's guess and if D~V has to raise their prices accordingly I'm sure we will continue to do business, as usual, with them. Hell, Analogue Productions and MoFi are still charging $30~35 LIST for their SINGLE Stereo SACDs with further discounting becoming a thing of the past so I, personally, will support D~V if a price increase is announced.

One thing I did notice, JP, when I received my RBCDs from Dutton Vocalion recently is that they have been having everything pressed in Austria, including hundreds upon hundreds of their CDs so I sure they have a great working relationship with that plant.

Of course how the British £ will ultimately be affected by Brexit is anyone's guess and if D~V has to raise their prices accordingly I'm sure we will continue to do business, as usual, with them. Hell, Analogue Productions and MoFi are still charging $30~35 LIST for their SINGLE Stereo SACDs with further discounting becoming a thing of the past so I, personally, will support D~V if a price increase is announced.

Brexit - How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb🥳
May I have just one more surround title please sir?

I have mixed feelings about Brexit. It WILL result in economic chaos, BUT I can empathize with the British not wanting to be ruled from another country. The US and the UK have been trying to push us around for YEARS, so I do understand. As for DV disks, they will certainly become more expensive as the pound continues to devalue, and the likelihood that there will be duties assessed on imports from Austria. They should find a third-party distribution house within the EU so that disks for export do not have to travel from the EU to the UK, then out again. That would help to mitigate the increase.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about Brexit. It WILL result in economic chaos, BUT I can empathize with the British not wanting to be ruled from another country. The US and the UK have been trying to push us around for YEARS, so I do understand. As for DV disks, they will certainly become more expensive as the pound continues to devalue, and the likelihood that there will be duties assessed on imports from Austria. They should find a third-party distribution house within the EU so that disks for export do not have to travel from the EU to the UK. That would help to mitigate the increase.

It’s a blivet for John Doggett.

Dave’s post was mostly political, which is probably why it was deleted. But he did mention the D-V titles are coming very soon.

Posts are deleted when they break the forum rules. It’s very simple.

Back