Dual Disc Gene Simmons Dual Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zabble

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I came across a dual disc this weekend by Gene Simmons (yes, THAT Gene Simmons). The title of the disc is ***HOLE.

Alot of songs don't sound anything close to Kiss. Some of them are downright melodic! Some mixes work better than others, but overall it is not bad.

The biggest surprise was a track called "Black Tongue". This track samples Frank Zappa's guitar and voice. This was done with the blessing of the family as Dweezil Zappa added guitars and Gail and Ahmed Zappa added background vocals. Worth it for this track alone.

JonUrban said:
Is is "real" HiRez DVD-A or Dolby Digital?

On the menu, you have your choice between "ADVANCED RESOLUTION 5.1"
or "DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1" (as well as stereo in both).

No mention of at what resolution things are recorded.

Can't stand the guy specifically or have any use for Kiss in general, but the details of the recording of this album make me want to hear it...

timbre4 said:
Can't stand the guy specifically or have any use for Kiss in general, but the details of the recording of this album make me want to hear it...
my nephew is a huge Kiss fan....but he said this is not that great.

Is anyone specifically credited for the 5.1 mix?

Txx.. It's a very "eclectic" discs which consists of songs that

A.. Are leftovers of the last Kiss Album (Weapons of mass destruction.. Carnival of souls)

B.. Old demo's ... (Some Kinda Beautiful.. Black Tongue...)

C.. Songs cowritten with BAG .. (Asshole..)

Not At All In The KISS Style.. That's why most of the KISS fans are dissapointed..

But go and Check it out...

Anybody knows about the "rumour" That there are some Bob Ezrin classics coming in MC..??

Including Kiss' Destroyer..??

Zabble, thanks for posting the mix credit info, appreciate it.

Ezrin supervised Kiss material in surround? Hadn't heard about that rumour....

HOLY CRAP THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

Destroyer in 5.1 would be awesome.

Back