HiRez Poll Genesis - A TRICK OF THE TAIL [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Genesis - A TRICK OF THE TAIL

• Total voters
I went back and forth deciding on a 8 or a 9. I went with the latter simply because while the mastering could be better, the mix is pretty much as good as most of the ones on the Gabriel Genesis SACD box. The album is great - and I'm still sticking to my tale ("tail?" sorry...) that all of the '70s Genesis albums sound better in 5.1 than any of the CDs I've heard.

I think this one is consistent with the box set I have that includes their first set of albums. The overall production on this is great and a notch above-- perhaps consistent with Selling England By The Pound. The surround mix is subtle, but effective, like all of those.

Really enjoyed the concert that is part of this too, even if it is streamlined. There's one scene with Phil and Bruford on drums during Cinema Show that is almost worth the price by itself.

A 9 by my count. I think the overall aggregate rating right now is 8.58, which seems fair. I think we are so spoiled on 9s and 10s that we see anything in the 8s and think it must not be worth it. I disagree. These Genesis releases-- at least the early ones and this particular one-- are worth it. I wish they'd get a blu ray update.

Back