Gentle Giant "The Missing Piece (Steven Wilson Remix)" CD/Blu-ray set w/ Atmos, 5.1 and stereo (2/16/2024-Alucard)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder: will the packaging share the trans-Atlantic dichotomy of ĭn′terview, where the European release uses a mini-LP-style sleeve and the American release uses a digipak?

I wonder: will the packaging share the trans-Atlantic dichotomy of ĭn′terview, where the European release uses a mini-LP-style sleeve and the American release uses a digipak?
Well, this listing confirms the European release will be in a digisleeve:
CD/Blu-Ray in tri-fold digisleeve...
Still hoping the American release will be in a digipak instead, as I prefer discs in trays and that it matches my other GG/SW releases.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for a remix of this one since it was first discussed decades ago. This is one album that I'm certain can only be improved by the remix. It's a definite departure, and not all tracks are winners, but it sure will be nice to hear a more well-balanced mix of this album finally.

Its also available from Townsend Music Online Record Store - Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes and Merch - Gentle Giant - The Missing Piece 2024 Steven Wilson Remix

Out of curiosity I did a comparison and stuck with the Shed as it was £21.75 + £2.74 P&P = £24.49, whereas Townsend was £21 + £5 P&P = £26.

Edit: My first purchase of the year!
£21.99 at Amazon uk no postage if you’re a prime member
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Missing-Pi...83-a520-88f21277cb64&pd_rd_i=B0CRV7FPKY&psc=1

I've been waiting for a remix of this one since it was first discussed decades ago. This is one album that I'm certain can only be improved by the remix. It's a definite departure, and not all tracks are winners, but it sure will be nice to hear a more well-balanced mix of this album finally.
Enjoyed the first 2 tracks immensely sampling on Spotify, the 3rd not so much haha.

This is a group I learned to appreciate thru the Steven Wilson remixes. I can recall seeing their album covers way back when but never listened to them. It took me a while to get used to their vocal style but now I like it and have picked up all of these reissues.

Back