George Harrison catalog on Apple Music in Atmos!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not wrong, more often than not it seems a lot of these newer Atmos mixes make little use of the center speaker. I suspect it has something to do with the way center-isolated content translates to binaural, which is how most listeners experience these mixes.
That makes perfect sense, I knew you would be helpful.

My final listen in the 11 album Dolby Atmos released George Harrison.
Now George Harrison-George Harrison.
A very enjoyable experience listening to all these in Atmos. While listening via Apple4K I have increased knowledge of George Harrison while being able to read all his lyrics and listening to his incredible body of work.
Very complicated personality, definitely a multi faceted diamond.
Really wants to convey Love and God, but at the same time has trouble with the concept.
Makes it repeatedly known how much disappointment he had, I assume, from the record industry, fame and fortune, taking away from him more than he could handle. Much resentment in his lyrics.
Has deep concern for his fellow man, to the point he can be judgmental, while wanting to spread love to others at the same time.
Best two songs I connected with, (not including All Things Must Pass, I connect with all) are from Brainwashed-Marwa Blues, awesome tune with a Jeff Beck feel and from Somewhere In England-All Those Years Ago, on ode to John Lennon after his death with Ringo on drums and Paul and Linda singing backup.
Gone Troppo- His most relaxed.
All others just plain good listening.
Maybe some hard discs will be sold in Dolby Atmos, that would be cool.

Still need to go through most of these, but a YouTube creator who focuses on Beatles history minutiae just did a (rather long, heads up) ranking of each of the solo albums (and his assorted side projects/soundtracks) of George Harrison.

Worth watching if only for the background history surrounding each album

Still need to go through most of these, but a YouTube creator who focuses on Beatles history minutiae just did a (rather long, heads up) ranking of each of the solo albums (and his assorted side projects/soundtracks) of George Harrison.

Worth watching if only for the background history surrounding each album

Watched it, pity that the reviewer described “Electronic sound” album as just noise. I guess he would have said the same about “silver apples of the moon”

Back