Grado Dealer in GTA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radioheadrox

I'm thinking of eventually upgrading my Ortofon cart to a Grado Green so that I am CD-4 capable. Do any of you fellow Canadian members who live in the GTA know of any Grado dealers (preferably in the west end because I'm in Mississauga)?

Regarding the Grado cart, I've heard that the Grado Blue cart works well with CD-4. Any reports about the Green? The Grado site says that the cart's frequency response extends to about 50,000 KHz, which suggests it should be more than adequate for CD-4 use.

Thanks,

James

Hi James!

You can try Executive Stereo on Yonge Street just across from the Art Shoppe, south of Eglinton by 1 1/2 blocks, but I've had good response from the Grado Blue for only a few bucks more and much better performance.

Happy Listening,
Matthew

Howdy folks,

I was just in Around Again, a very nice vinyl shop downtown on Baldwin east of Spadina (they specialize in jazz, with LOTS of new reissues, if that's your bag)... and noticed the fact that all their headphones and cartridges are Grado.

The woman there told me that they'll order any Grado products you want. I too was interested in a Blue, but she didn't know the price off the top of her head.

However, she said they could get a Grado Black for CAN$60, which seemed pretty competitive to me.

Let me know if you get a price from them on the other Grados... I'd be pretty interested in that myself.

Relayer

Hello and Welcome Relayer!
I paid about $90 Canadian for the Grado Blue at Executive Stereo in April. I don't believe the prices have gone up since. I think the Grado Black starts around $65 and the rest of the models in the Prestige line go up about 10-15 bux per colour. I think the Green was about $75, but for the extra 5Kc of frequency range, I splurged the rest for the Blue. You can check them out at www.executivestereo.com

Happy Listening,
Matthew

Back