Dual Disc Gretchen Wilson DD any reviews ???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIDIQ

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Hi, I was wondering if anybody got this DD or CD/DVD ??? And if anybody got it, how is the surround mix ???
I am not a big country fan, but do like some country music, and i already have this disc on regular CD. It is quite good rockin' country music {I like the CD}.
I would be happy to buy it again if the surround mix is any good, but i have not been to happy with the surround mixes on a most of the small amount of DD i have gotten. For example The Donnas & Los lonely boys, those mixes were stereo with reverb in the rears.
THANKS.

It's actually a discreet surround mix but, unfortunately, just DD 5.1. Having said that, the mix does open up the sound with the rears being used for some acoustic guitars and percussion which aren't particularly noticeable in the stereo mix. Nice selection of videos which go beyond those in last year's special edition. All in all it's a worthwhile upgrade - let's just hope that Big & Rich's "Horse Of A Different Color" gets the same treatment.

mattB2 said:
It's actually a discreet surround mix but, unfortunately, just DD 5.1. Having said that, the mix does open up the sound with the rears being used for some acoustic guitars and percussion which aren't particularly noticeable in the stereo mix. Nice selection of videos which go beyond those in last year's special edition. All in all it's a worthwhile upgrade - let's just hope that Big & Rich's "Horse Of A Different Color" gets the same treatment.

Hey, Thanks for the info on this DD. I got it today, and the surround mix is quite good. Glad i upgraded from the regular CD to surround. :)

Back