Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just went to the above link to the band's website and it's now $40 for a limited time with free shipping to US. Not sure when this sale ends. This is not a band or an album I really like except for a couple of songs which I wouldn't mind having in surround. I would not have spent $80 but $40 was worth it to me for the songs I like to use on a surround compilation. Hope it's still there for those of you who are interested.

Started and now GnR official site says SOLD OUT hope everyone got one for $40 or less, if not Amazon has them at $119.00

Started and now GnR official site says SOLD OUT hope everyone got one for $40 or less, if not Amazon has them at $119.00
Wow. I musty have gotten one of the last ones. I had ordered one when the news first broke on the price reduction plus the 10% off. After I got it and looked at it with my significant other, she mentioned how her sister always loved that band and how much she would appreciate a copy as well. So, I went on line on Saturday 7/13 and ordered another copy, again at the $40 price with the 10% off. Its on its way to me.

Reactions: GOS
Looks like Amazon might be blowing out the box set tooo for Amazon Day - it goes on a flash sale at 4:55 PM today - price not listed yet.........it is still 122.41 on Amazon right now - will see in a few hours :unsure:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/browse....0FM8G7H3T06V9P9&nocache=1563211020605&ie=UTF8

Hmmmmm might spring for the Elton John - Diamonds Box Set if it goes low enough (bout 30 bux regular), but starts at 310 AM geeeez

Last edited:
Yep sold out...then next day sale on again...wtf ???
$74.06 on Amazon.
Back on sale on the band's site though. $36 is way better!
Yep; just had another look, and it's apparently back. I thought I'd have a bit of a chuckle and see how much it'd cost me for another two copies. With the code applied, and accounting for the increased freight charge, it totals about US$4 less than the first copy cost me. So ... now I'm US$90.90 poorer. 😆 That means ~AU$67 each. Far as I'm concerned, it must be worth roughly as much as the Temple Of The Dog BD-A box - certainly dearer to produce, materially - and I gladly paid AU$100 for that a few years ago. One of these new copies will go to a friend of mine for his upcoming 40th birthday, the lucky guy! Thanks heaps, Spinz and Snood!

Yeah, I heard about that. What's it about? Warehouse work conditions? John Oliver did a good segment on it.
(I don't even have Prime).

John Oliver did a number on the wretched Amazon Warehouse conditions. Especially disturbing was the woman who died on the 'assembly line' and her body lay there as workers were instructed to 'work around her' until the coroner arrived.

Not to mention the Amazon Warehouse strike/boycott in solidarity during Prime Day (through tomorrow). Buy direct!

How long before Jezz Bezos replaces ALL those disgruntled employees [and rightfully SO] with ROBOTS? I also heard those warehouses have NO air conditioning or proper ventilation and the average worker walks approximately 17 miles a day gathering products for shipment:eek: All this for $15 per hour [and that's taxable].

John Oliver did a number on the wretched Amazon Warehouse conditions. Especially disturbing was the woman who died on the 'assembly line' and her body lay there as workers were instructed to 'work around her' until the coroner arrived.

Thats fucking terrible...disgusting..😲

I got mine last week for $40, but I'm looking at the GNR site and thinking of getting another but I'm not seeing the 10% off code. Was that a limited time thing? Just curious. Not a deal breaker as $40 for this set is a steal and is the only reason I bought it. Not a favorite of mine but I'm hoping the Scheiner mix will make it one (haven't had time to listen to it, yet).

My impression is that the album masters were largely in the warehouse, the multitracks had largely been moved. Of course, recreating an album from multis is a serious undertaking.

I'd guess this is the exact situation for Temple of the Dog who were Universal - when they did the Super Deluxe Edition of the album a couple years ago, they created a brand new 5.1 mix from the original analogue multis and a brand new stereo mix of the album, they mentioned the original analogue stereo master could not be located and that's the reason for the new remix. It's a good mix and the compression in mastering was moderate as they wanted to keep the "spirit" of the original mix, a good listen overall even though the surround mix has massive vocal panning flaws on any track there isn't a single lead vocal take on.

I went back to this over the week-end and while I really enjoy the surround mix from an instrumental presentation, the dispersed lead vocal prevents this from being anywhere near even an 8/10 for me. The album will not see much replay...HOWEVER...the Frank Filippeti mix of Move to the City (1988 Acoustic mix) is bang on the money, with the lead vocal focused in the centre. I love that mix and will definitely come back to that when I need to show off GNR in 5.1

At the risk of being sacrilegious, I wish Frank had mixed the album.

Back