• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Harman Kardon 900+

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveRobison

Can someone do me a solid and let me know where I can get an upgrade kit for an HK 900+

Thank you

Can someone do me a solid and let me know where I can get an upgrade kit for an HK 900+

Thank you
I assume that you want to re-cap the receiver. I would just download the manual. Go through it myself and order any necessary parts.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/harman-kardon/900-plus.shtml
I would replace electrolytic coupling capacitors with film types like WIMA. You can find some deals on eBay.

For the rest Digikey or Mouser are good suppliers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the 411. I’m a novice at restoring. What specifically should I replace? I’ve ordered upgrade kits with caps, some transistors, etc. I’m not sure what is important and what isn’t.

Thanks for the 411. I’m a novice at restoring. What specifically should I replace? I’ve ordered upgrade kits with caps, some transistors, etc. I’m not sure what is important and what isn’t.
Mostly capacitors need/benefit from replacement. There are some transistors that are notorious for becoming noisy over time. I don't know which ones off the top of my head. A good idea is to search other audio tech forums to seek out information. You could look on You tube as well. I recall watching a video about recapping a receiver and all he did was replace the power supply filters, a bit pointless, not a complete recapping.

How is the receiver working now? It is best to find problems before doing a full restore. It is not a good idea to simply replace everything first and hope that it will turn out well, as you could introduce additional problems making troubleshooting harder.

I assume that when you say that you have ordered upgrade kits in the past that they were for other units and not this one?

Back