Help finding parts for my vintage technics amps

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8Repair

Hey all... I have two technics integrated amps... an SU-7300, and a SU-7700. They look almost identical... anyway, one of them is working great, and the other has a lot of static, trouble with the balance control, the lights behind the meters don't work, etc. I'd like to bring it back from it's partially decrepid state. Where can I find new lamps, FEET, and most importantly, TOGGLE SWITCHES? Please tell me there's someplace to buy vintage knobs and toggle switches... I'd hate to have to try to find a 'parts' amp for this stuff. Anyway.. the lamps I'm not TOO concerned about, because I'm not exactly thrilled with the very, very dim lighting on the one that works... so it might get replaced with some blue/green LEDs to match the SA-8500x quad reciever. But yeah.

I need toggle switches, feet, and other misc little hardware. Anybody have any cool websites that might have parts?

Thanks in advance!

- Rob

This guy worked on my Technics SA-6700X, got the scope working and did some other restoration on it:

http://www.classicaudio.com/

He may have a lead on parts you need. I actually bought a Panasonic SA-6400X on eBay for $25.00 that had a dead rear channel so I could get some knobs and whatnot that I was missing.

Thanks, I sent him an email, but I don't have high hopes. So does anybody know of a site that specializes in just repair parts for all this stuff?

I have tried without success to find parts for these units, I couldn't find anything beyond Classic Audio. It seems to me that newer lamps with the same values could be substituted for your bad ones. If one were to go through and replace all the capacitors etc. it would involve using newer replacements, the originals would be unobtainable and too old in any event.

Well, like I said, the lamps I'm not too worried about, as the stock lighting sucks. I need feet, and toggle switch covers specifically.

I still have the Panasonic SA 6400X spare unit. It has bad channels, but has the toggle switch knobs and feet. Also all the lamps work. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Sandy

Thanks, but I don't think it has the toggles I need. I appreciate it though. I was going to place an ad at that classicaudio website, but they charge $2.00 just to do that, and I doubt it gets all that much traffic. Not sure what to do for the moment. I can probably make the feet, and the wood, and as for the lamps, I might use LEDs instead, but the toggle switch covers are a slight problem.

Back