Hodie & MDG

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ct

I"m curious if anyone has experience with these labels, and purchasing them over the internet in the U.S. Hodie has an easy to use website - but I understand they are in Europe which does not have the same encription policies as in the States. Also have not read any reviews of their products, the same for MDG.

I have three MDG recordings and these are very good recordings. Dispite the resolution which is only 16b/48ks they blow normal cd recordings out of the water.
Performanes are exceptional. These recordings show that multichannel is doing much to the perceived sound quality and that 16bit recordings can be top notch.

Hodie is a totally different story.
The quality of the recordings is very good but it's the interpretation of the classical works that's bothering me. Cobra's view is that the original tempo's are much lower than we are accustomed to these day's.
The playing time of Beethoven's 9th is almost half time longer than other recordings. For me this is too slow.
Mozart's requim is also performed much slower but this is more befitting the music.

The old batches are recorded on DVD -R disc's so you must be sure your player can handle these disc's.
I'm not sure yet but it can be that there current replications are on normal DVD disc's.

Frank

Frank, how did you obtain the MDG's? I have not had luck finding them in the U.S. A distributor mentioned at the MDG website does not return E mail's. They do have some good titles listed.

You can find them at www.jpc.de a German web retailer. Select classical in the top menu and use the search option and select DVD Audio as the media type, just leave the other fields blank.

Frank

Back