How to get DTS surround in a car

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian151pez

Hello All, I just now joined this list. Can someone tell me what is the easiest or cheapest way (if there is such a thing ) to get DTS surround sound in my car? Thanks, [email protected]

brian151pez said:
Hello All, I just now joined this list. Can someone tell me what is the easiest or cheapest way (if there is such a thing ) to get DTS surround sound in my car? Thanks, [email protected]
I'd like to second the above question, and specifically ask whether it's possible to get DTS CD capability in my car by only replacing the head unit (i.e. is there an all-in-one solution)? DVD-A or SACD is nice, but I'd be fine with CD only...

Thanks!

brian151pez said:

Well, probably the cheapest way is to track down one of the Sherwood DTS systems. Check out eBay or other online sources and search for "Sherwood DTS". Might want to throw "auto" or something similar to limit your search for car systems.

I don't have firsthand experience with the Sherwood units and I've heard both good and bad things about them. However, they're about as cheap as you're going to find.

I had the Sherwood gear and also hooked up my best friend to have it in his car as well. The overpriced gear was promising but did not good design and the build quality was weak.

Spent a lot of time switching to it and then a lot more switching back to pretty much what I had before (after buying it all again). Pretty sad situation on that score...

Attempt #2 is my Panasonic PA65 portable DVD-A player, but this is unfinished business. It's not supposed to play CD-R or DTS discs but it most certainly does! Bought for $248 and seen for less on eBay because it's a DVD player w/o a screen. I use the 7 hr battery....

Back