Howard Jones surround mixes from Cherry Red!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So happy to hear about the Howard Jones releases and that SWT and BC did the mixes! Those are two of my favorites from the 80s.

I'm sure there's a lot of Fixx fans who would put up money if it helped convince the band to do surround mixes.
It's not the band that need convincing - it's all about getting the rights or licenses for the recordings - in negotiation from what I understand.....

I HAVE convinced the band it needs to be done!!! Let's wait and see .... SWTx

Last edited:
Maybe The Fixx will call you next and we all win again.
I did a music review column in my college newspaper.
One of the labels sent a package with 3 pre-release albums.
I reviewed all 3 in 1 column.
My prediction was that the first 2 were pretty forgettable (literally, in hindsight - I do not recall the band names), but the 3rd one was really good & the band might have a future…that was the debut album by The Fixx 🤩

Ordered both from Cherry Red ,they will probably show up at JPC soon , but I thought I’d take a chance and see if I get hit with the dreaded VAT .. oh well .. love both albums and a no brainer since they are SWT mixes ..:)

Last edited:
Would be nice if they could include the video for "New Song", but doesn't look like it. Probably plenty of room on the blu ray disc - but music videos seem to be an afterthought these days, a rather large part of music history that's in horrible shape as far as preservation goes.

It's a crime the only easily found source is a garbage 240p upload to youtube.

Would be nice if they could include the video for "New Song", but doesn't look like it. Probably plenty of room on the blu ray disc - but music videos seem to be an afterthought these days, a rather large part of music history that's in horrible shape as far as preservation goes.

It's a crime the only easily found source is a garbage 240p upload to youtube.
Please bear in mind that this release is all about new mixes - and not about previous content. The whole album has been remixed in a continuous sequence synchronised to the visuals I created for projection at Howard's live shows. The Blu-Ray is quite full with the video, 5.1, stereo and Atmos content!! I actually made a point to the label that this should be all about new content, not just rereleasing again all the previous versions.

No afterthoughts here - just moving forward!! SWTx

Last edited:
Please bear in mind that this release is all about new mixes - and not about previous content. The whole album has been remixed in a continuous sequence synchronised to the visuals I created for projection at Howard's live shows. The Blu-Ray is quite full with the video, 5.1, stereo and Atmos content!! I actually made a point to the label that this should be all about new content, not just rereleasing again all the previous versions.

No afterthoughts here - just moving forward!! SWTx
And believe me, I am quite excited about all of that content. I like new things, I like old things. I like re-watching episodes of Friday Night Videos, and enjoying those classic videos of what was a new medium at the time. All the exciting new things in the world doesn't fill the hole that is a complete lack of a quality version of the "New Song" music video, of which there is plenty of room for the blu ray medium to accommodate. That's the great thing about blu ray - we can fit so much on a single disc, the new, the old, the music, the multichannel, the original mix, the videos. To intentionally leave the previous versions, especially things not readily available anywhere, in the dust in the name of "just moving forward", really does a disservice to those that care for the old and the new.

But, that's just my opinion. Peace and love, and I really am looking forward to all the great things on this release.

And believe me, I am quite excited about all of that content. I like new things, I like old things. I like re-watching episodes of Friday Night Videos, and enjoying those classic videos of what was a new medium at the time. All the exciting new things in the world doesn't fill the hole that is a complete lack of a quality version of the "New Song" music video, of which there is plenty of room for the blu ray medium to accommodate. That's the great thing about blu ray - we can fit so much on a single disc, the new, the old, the music, the multichannel, the original mix, the videos. To intentionally leave the previous versions, especially things not readily available anywhere, in the dust in the name of "just moving forward", really does a disservice to those that care for the old and the new.

But, that's just my opinion. Peace and love, and I really am looking forward to all the great things on this release.
There is not infinite space on a Blu-Ray when everything is at the best possible resolution. And this is not about filling up space, it is about a very specific set of versions. If you want yet again a collection of previous releases, then contact the label. I do however frequently see people saying 'not again!' when things are re-issued and remastered for the umpteenth time..

This is just my point of view. SWTx

Curious. I've never checked in the past, but can you order from Amazon UK if you have an Amazon account in the US? I was planning to order this through CherryRed the moment I saw it, but Amazon might actually be more convenient.
You should be able to. I can order from amazon USA (using the same login details) having a UK amazon account, though not all discs can be ordered - yet I have then ordered the same discs from other US on-line stores - more bizarre quirkiness from amazon!

Casting another actor for James Bond has been in the news lately, reminded me about UFO, I don't recall seeing him in the Prisoner (will have to rewatch it on YT).

...and now back to the regularly scheduled thread...

Kirk Bayne

Back