DTS-CD I compromised to DTS 96/24

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
instead of MLP or PCM...at least for now...
and this way I can please the DVD-Vpeople and the DVD-A ones(well, almost....)
DVD Architect was a bit of a pain to learn, but I think I got it right..I also got a lot of help from 0tto (Gracias!)
was doing the Caravanserai(which BTW is 51 minutes long!) for both MLP and DTS 96/24,like I was asking around last week and Neil was helping me(cheers), but it turned out that both the MLP and the DTS96/24 with only the slides for each song was TOO BIG for a DVD..at least that's what Discwelder told me..so no go..and hence the compromise...
Anyways, it's lossy , but not by much since the file is about the same size as the MLP , so...
Let me know your thoughts...

I'm pretty sure my old ears can't hear the difference between DTS96/24 and MLP any more. After listening to the Monster Music releases and how good they sound, I'd be happy if companies would choose that format for surround releases. If any others would support surround sound music only releases. I'm assuming all Bluray players will support this format also? I do fear the day will come when I will no longer have a player to support my DVD-A and SACD collection.

K

OK, my bad...the dts wav file is not he same size of the MLP one, BUT , the total of the disc is 2.6 GB , which makes me believe there's something fishy going on cause the 11 jpgs that are the Menu & the slides are not huge-they'er normal...

After lossless, DTS 96/24 might be the next best thing. No idea how it compares to DTS-HD, but anybody with interest in surround music should be able to play, at least, the DTS core that comes with DTS 96/24.
It can certainly sound very good. When you want to compare mind the rear channels, I suspect DTS of lowering their quality when the bits are needed in the fronts.

No idea how it compares to DTS-HD
DTS-Master Audio unlike DTS 96/24 is a lossless format.
same apply to Dolby True HD which use algorithm similar to ones in use for MLP
in the digital audio the quality absolutely depends on the amount of collected, stored and sended to be decoded into electro-magnetic impulses, informations.

kap'n krunch
when we may expect to hear your project?

DTS-Master Audio unlike DTS 96/24 is a lossless format.
same apply to Dolby True HD which use algorithm similar to ones in use for MLP
in the digital audio the quality absolutely depends on the amount of collected, stored and sended to be decoded into electro-magnetic impulses, informations.

kap'n krunch
when we may expect to hear your project?

Hey 0tto,
do you want the LPCM DVDA or the DTS96/24 version?

lossless PCM or MLP would be nice.
but there are lot of people who is limited to VIDEO_TS only.
so universal DVD Audio/Video probably would be also good idea :)

Back