Is there a coupon or discount number for Dutton Vocalion Surround Sound SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sales are for stuff that can't sell or is way overpriced.

Dutton Vocalion does have periodic sales which include some of their SACD releases.
With some very low prices after the discounts.

Worth keeping an eye out for.

As for coupons and codes - or storewide sales - haven't seen that yet.
But it too could happen in the future at DV. Time will tell.

Please let us know if and when a good sale happens at D/V, as I am getting ready to place a large order.

Dutton Vocalion's pricing of £11.99 for QUAD SACDs [most especially their TWO~FERS] is among the BEST in the industry. Compare that with MoFi, AP and even AF's $30~40 list prices for a single STEREO SACD.

You get two multichannel albums for about the same cost as shipping of a single SACD at Acoustic Sounds...I can't think of a better deal than their regular pricing at Dutton

well.. i was going to post along the lines of how much it cost to buy all those Quads on old records and tapes Vs the price of DV's SACDs..
but when i started to tot it up, it soon became obvious it would be a totally ridiculously futile exercise!

i'll give just a couple of examples why, to me, the DV Surround SACDs represent such excellent value for money:

Henry Mancini's "Symphonic Soul".

1 x CD-4 LP (imported + shipping) = £25.00
1 x Q8 (imported + shipping) = £20.00
Total spent on Symphonic Soul old Quad LP & tape = £45.00

Vs.

Half a 2-fer DV SACD + p/p = £7.25

Rick Derringer Quad 2-fer.

in order to get decent playing and decoding copies of the SQ releases of both albums I amassed 5 copies in all and the Q8s are rare and expensive so they cost a bloody bomb.. so with that in mind..

SQ LPs (x 5 incl duty & p/p) = £92.50
Q8s (incl import duty & p/p) = £97.00
Total spent on Rick Derringer old Quad records and tapes = £189.50

Vs.

1 x 2-fer SACD (incl p&p) = £13.25

Dutton Vocalion does have periodic sales which include some of their SACD releases.
With some very low prices after the discounts.

Worth keeping an eye out for.

As for coupons and codes - or storewide sales - haven't seen that yet.
But it too could happen in the future at DV. Time will tell.

You know I like to save money as much as the next guy/gal; but with DV being such a bargain comparatively; I would be tempted to "not" take advantage of big discounts if it would mean their continued health and release of quality titles. Sound crazy???o_O

You know I like to save money as much as the next guy/gal; but with DV being such a bargain comparatively; I would be tempted to "not" take advantage of big discounts if it would mean their continued health and release of quality titles. Sound crazy???o_O

"..still crazy after all these years..."
(..is one Quad SACD we're never gonna hear..!! :ROFLMAO: )

What a shame too, I love that one!

get on the bus Pup,
don't need to discuss muuuuuch! ;)

at least we'll always have our Still Not Crazy About These Vocals in the Rears SQ LPs.. and Paul Simon Q8s with their, well, all the naff things about them (and i like 8-tracks!).. wah wah wah!! o_O

get on the bus Pup,
don't need to discuss muuuuuch! ;)

at least we'll always have our Still Not Crazy About These Vocals in the Rears SQ LPs.. and Paul Simon Q8s with their, well, all the naff things about them (and i like 8-tracks!).. wah wah wah!! o_O

I ain't Rhymin' either:LOL:

You know I've just gotta say (as have been said by other members also), that ya'll are verrry unfortunate that I didn't win one of those Huge Mega Lottos. Instead of retreating to some tropical island I'd throw large sums of money at these labels/owners to get our beloved Quads heard. I'm sure there's quit a few members here that have never had the chance to experience these. As is the case in our world, money talks and bullshit... makes an old dog wanna:
pug.jpg

You know I've just gotta say (as have been said by other members also), that ya'll are verrry unfortunate that I didn't win one of those Huge Mega Lottos. Instead of retreating to some tropical island I'd throw large sums of money at these labels/owners to get our beloved Quads heard. I'm sure there's quit a few members here that have never had the chance to experience these. As is the case in our world, money talks and bullshit... makes an old dog wanna:
View attachment 37408

Well JP, if you did win the mega million jackpot the first thing I'd do is hire a dog sitter so that cute little mongrel wouldn't have to take a dump on the rug.

little-dog-pees-on-the-carpet-right-next-to-his-pee-pad.-how-to-potty-train-your-puppy.jpg

Last edited:
Back