Jim Fosgate Documentary: Wizard of Foz

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just about to post the same thing Owen posted about Bob Herndon. He offered to improve all my quad decoders. I am so glad I passed on that offer. I probably would have never seen my equipment again.

From what I recall, the Fosgate decoders are sort of like the Star Trek movies - The even numbered models are generally regarded as better than the odd numbered ones. I have a Model 4, 6 (3606) and a 10 (3610).

@MikeWiz You mention Bob Herndon aka QuadBob being involved with valuing pieces from Jim's estate. A word of warning: QuadBob has a long standing reputation for taking equipment to repair and then never returning it, and ceasing contact with the owner of that equipment. I have no personal stake in this I've never had dealings with him. But there are plenty of reports of problems on this site, and a small number of reports of eventually getting gear back years later (usually not repaired).
I only had one dealing with quad Bob back in the 90s. We swapped a couple of records and everything was fine.

Back