JVC XV-723GD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

duesy

Just acquired the JVC XV-723GD and had a similar experience with faulty playback of DVD-A. One disc played okay, but no-go on reload. Other discs not at all. She's going back and plan to try a Denon DVD-1600. Pity the mfg's can't get this right. It's like buying a Ford Focus only to find it won't run on Mobil.

I have the same model and my problem is that it occasionally doesn't recognize a disc in the tray. So far, reloading the disc corrects the situation.

This is the model that I first bought for DVD-A . The only problem I ever had with it was that a vcd got stuck inside and wouldn't eject. I had to uplug the unit, plug it back in and the tray opened as normal. Never had a single problem with any DVD-A's. When I bought the Pioneer 47A, I sold the JVC to a friend. He hasn't had any problems to day, but then he doesn't use it for DVD-A playback.

I have the JVC XV-D723GD, Is this tthe same one you are talking about? It doesn't read cdr,or cdr/w, as per the manual and by accident I found it does read cdr/w. But only a few brands thou! Imation being the one I use with no problem, although it is slow to read them - {toc} But otherwise no problems with it!

short message, not loggin in...very easily

Has anyone successfully region-hacked this machine (JVC XV-723GD)
I would love to be able to play my euro dvds!

Plaese let me know- email me
greg_lock at hotmail dot com

Back