Dual Disc "Kind Of Blue" Dualdisc?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbernstein

Has anyone purchased this yet?

I saw it at Best Buy yesterday (for $14.99), and while the package touts a DVD side with a Dolby Digital Surround track (which I'm not all that interested in -- blasphemy, I know! ;-) ), it also boasts about a PCM track.

Now the relevant question to me is whether the PCM track is 24 or 16 bits? Can anyone provide any more info??? (I'm not going to buy it again just for the documentary, but if it's a hires PCM track I'll pick it up for the 3rd time....)

Thanks!

Scott

sbernstein said:
Has anyone purchased this yet?

I saw it at Best Buy yesterday (for $14.99), and while the package touts a DVD side with a Dolby Digital Surround track (which I'm not all that interested in -- blasphemy, I know! ;-) ), it also boasts about a PCM track.

Now the relevant question to me is whether the PCM track is 24 or 16 bits? Can anyone provide any more info??? (I'm not going to buy it again just for the documentary, but if it's a hires PCM track I'll pick it up for the 3rd time....)

Thanks!

Scott

The stereo PCM track is 16bit/48khz.

Unless you have to have the video extra, skip this release and buy the SACD.

tlake6659 said:
The stereo PCM track is 16bit/48khz.

Unless you have to have the video extra, skip this release and buy the SACD.

While I'm at it, maybe someone knows the same info about the Los Lonely Boys release? That one does claim to have an "audiophile" PCM track....

Thanks!

Scott

sbernstein said:
While I'm at it, maybe someone knows the same info about the Los Lonely Boys release? That one does claim to have an "audiophile" PCM track....

Thanks!

Scott

All of the Sony Dual Disc releases have a 16bit/48khz stereo PCM track.

Back