King Crimson Announces This Tour Will Be The Last

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~dave~~wave~

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Get your tickets while you can.

Singer-guitarist Jakko Jakszyk tells UCR that King Crimson's Music Is Our Friend Tour, currently in North America, with Japanese dates later in the year, will be the last for what has been, to date, the band's longest-running incarnation at nearly eight years.

"Management has said it's very unlikely we'll be back in America," Jaksyzk reveals. "I think they thought announcing it as a kind of farewell tour was a tacky device, and something you end up potentially regretting if you change your mind. But in essence, as I understand it, this'll be the last time we play here."

Read More: King Crimson Touring the U.S. for the ‘Last Time’ | King Crimson Touring the U.S. for the ‘Last Time’

Singer-guitarist Jakko Jakszyk tells UCR that King Crimson's Music Is Our Friend Tour, currently in North America, with Japanese dates later in the year, will be the last for what has been, to date, the band's longest-running incarnation at nearly eight years.

"Management has said it's very unlikely we'll be back in America," Jaksyzk reveals. "I think they thought announcing it as a kind of farewell tour was a tacky device, and something you end up potentially regretting if you change your mind. But in essence, as I understand it, this'll be the last time we play here."

Read More: King Crimson Touring the U.S. for the ‘Last Time’ | King Crimson Touring the U.S. for the ‘Last Time’
Their Manager David Singleton has also been quoted as stating that recently. It appears that they're not ruling out some dates in Europe or the uk, but I'm glad I got to see them this time around because I will probably never get to see this incarnation of the band again. I have now seen them in concert six times spread across six decades, and these last two shows with the seven man lineup, were the best.

Check Tony Levin’s photo tour diary:
https://tonylevin.com/road-diaries/king-crimson-2021-us-tour/
I haven’t looked through all the dates, but the ones that I have seen he has included a photo of the set list for that particular show.
Under Nashville, in the first picture after 'And Afterward...' we (son and I) are visible on the far left edge. I'm wearing KC 2014 shirt (atomic elements squares) with phone in my face.

The music they made is for the ages. I wish I had bought those big box sets that came out over the last decade. Some of them are getting rare. What would be cool is if they come out with a mega-box that encompasses everything 1969 through The Scarcity of Miracles.

The music they made is for the ages. I wish I had bought those big box sets that came out over the last decade. Some of them are getting rare. What would be cool is if they come out with a mega-box that encompasses everything 1969 through The Scarcity of Miracles.

Start saving your money and be ready to order what you want. 💵💵 💸💸💸
They are coming, according to archivist Alex Mundy on the DGM site.

Individually.
There will never be a mega-box of all of them together, there's no point.
Nobody would be able to afford it, anyhow. ;)

No sets available just as I had the money to pay

NO SETS AVAILABLE JUST AS I HAD THE MONEY TO PAY
Posted by Alex Mundy on Jun 2, 2021

No sets available just as I had the money to pay
  • We know that many people have been frustrated by the current/recent unavailability of many of the boxed sets, catalogue and vinyl releases.
  • We do expect all of these to be available again relatively soon.
  • Sadly, a combination of manufacturing issues caused by Covid and Brexit, global demand for new vinyl and some complex warehouse moves, have meant that new stock is delayed while existing stock is only gradually becoming available to us.
  • While annoying and frustrating for all concerned, these are relatively short-term problems which we are working to rectify.
  • We will make an announcement as soon as normal service is resumed.

I've heard about this. If it turns out to be their Final tour in the U.S., King Crimson is going out it style. I'll be seeing them next month (if all goes well).

From KC Official Facebook this evening…

On this day in 1972, my life was transformed after seeing King Crimson in concert.

On this day in 2021, King Crimson played their final note onstage.

It's been an incredible journey.

Profound thanks to all those who've taken part in the adventure & made it so special.

:cry:

Had tickets to see them before the world blew up, but I blew up, so ate that ticket. Had a great seat for this tour, but Covid was bad here at the time, so ate that ticket. Guess it wasn’t meant to be.

On this day in 1972, my life was transformed after seeing King Crimson in concert.

Profound thanks to all those who've taken part in the adventure & made it so special.

Remember this is King Crimson, with more more lives than a cat. so...

neversayneveragainaustralianonesheet.jpg

For the rare members here who like myself refuse to have anything to do with FB:

From Sound To Silence

Back