Kodi Mini Topic: Main Menu Configuration

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PK

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Personalize Your Main Menu
For me the GUI was the big selling point. It connects visual art with music. I wanted to spiff up my Main Menu with a little color, try a different font, simplify the items down to only the ones I’m currently using, and add some background images.

Versions
I’m using Leia 18.6, LibreELEC, and Aeon Nox: Silvo 7.0.9…
1592263322118.png

Main Menu, Estuary (default skin)
1592248940174.png

Main Menu using default settings, Aeon Nox: Silvo
1592249019583.png

Main Menu after a few settings changes, Aeon Nox: Silvo

1592249054122.png

Main Menu Font

Settings/Interface/Skin
Font: Caviar Dreams

Main Menu Colors
Settings/Interface/Skin/Configure Skin/Customization/Choose Skin Colors/Home Window
Menu Bar: Looks like gold or burnt orange (FFFF9800)
Menu Bars Glow Bars: White (FFEFEBE9)
System Bars: sort of an army green (FF827717)
So my Kodi-Nox has 4 separate color palettes because, well, it’s Kodi! (I may have installed an Add-On, I can’t remember) Apparently each color has a code associated with it. There’s also an Opacity setting. Not sure if that applies to each color or palette or???
Anyway, I’m not sure if I’ve settled on these colors but they do make the Main Menu pop with the right background colors. It’s kinda difficult to find colors that blend well with all the backgrounds. Yes, first world problem! I can play around more in the future J

Main Menu Setup

Settings/Interface/Skin/Configure Skin/Main Menu/Setup the Aeon Nox Main Menu
Layout: 1 Item
I went for a stripped down look for my MM. Just one MM Item showing at a time.
Main Menu Items:
  • “System” with Sub Menu Items: Power/Skin Settings/Screen Shot/Update Audio Library/Event Log/System Info
  • “Music” with Sub Menu Items: Artists, Albums, Songs, Playlists, Years, Genres
  • “Music Videos” with Sub Menu Items: Artists and Genres
  • Default Items Disabled: Weather, TV Shows, Live TV, Apps, etc…
Main Menu & Submenu Items Action
Looks like each menu item is able to use a Built-In Function and/or an Action ID. All of my menu items use the standard Activate Window Built-In Function with a predefined path. The one Custom Action I have is the Take Screen Shot Built-In Function. Not sure how much I’ll use it or not as I find myself using the keyboard.

Built-In Functions & Action ID’s
Haven’t explored this much to see what the possibilities are…

Custom Home Items
Thinking I’ll address this in another thread that includes Custom Nodes…

Info Line: None
Widgets:
None

Main Menu Backgrounds

Settings/Interface/Skin/Configure Skin/Main Menu/Setup the Aeon Nox Main Menu
Kodi-Nox gives me 50 options for Menu Items background. All my Main Menu and Sub Menu Items have a single background image associated with it. The images display as I navigate to the items. (The Artist Slide Show images over ride these when music is playing or paused.) I downloaded outdoor wallpapers for my System and submenu items. Music and submenu items use Roger Dean wallpapers. For Music Videos menu items I’m using body paint models. Other ideas might be pics of family, vacations, pets, favorite artists, etc. Here are some examples…

System
1592249183065.png

System/Power
1592250011998.png

Music/Albums
1592250112934.png

Music/Playlists
1592250936142.png

Music Videos/Artists

1592250280250.png

Music Videos/Genres
1592250347665.png

Links:

QQ Installing Aeon Nox: Silvo
QQ Kodi Skins
QQ How to Set Up Intel NUC for Kodi

Kodi Website
Kodi Aeon Nox: Silvo Website
Kodi Aeon Nox: Silvo Forum
Kodi Wiki

Kodi Wiki Opening Windows
Kodi Wiki BIF
Kodi Wiki Custom Home Items

Last edited:
Wish: Wish I had access to the color settings while the Main Menu is visible. It would make it a lot easier to try out different colors and see the results…anyone know if there’s a way to do this?

Back