• 1: Utter crap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Epic PEQ 33579 from 1975.

Side 1:

Phoenix (The Amazing Flight of a Lone Star)
Slow Burn
Black Holes in the Sky
Good Intentions
Far As We Felt Like Goin'

Side 2:

Messin' with My Mind
Chances Go Round
Cosmic Dancer
Take the Night Off
Action Time

ED :)

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
worth it for the opening track alone which is (pardon the pun) totally and utterly... EPIC..!!!

it lacks the Hit of Lady Marmalade on their other Quad release (Nightbirds) but is for me a better album with an equally great Quad mix, maybe even better, the positioning of the vocalists in a pyramid fashion (lead in Centre Front and different parts in each Rear) works so well with this material and enhances the arrangements.

10, to my soul.

humprof

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Nightbirds is slinky and feel-good; Phoenix is (aptly) fiery and righteous. @fredblue is right: the title track is quite a ride. But much of the rest of the album is just as powerful.

Another fine Don Puluse (Chicago V, BS&T, Wild Cherry, Bernstein's MASS) mix; even the SQ version, which I heard in a good software decode, has plenty of separation. And those vocals!

Doling out lots of B's and B-plusses--i.e., 8's--on these older formats, only because the sonics so often leave something to be desired. (In this case: crisp and clear, but also a little harsh.) But I'm totally ready to hear this on SACD.