Large button TV remote for seniors, Please Help.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabeL

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Looking for some help here. My aging parent is no longer able to use the tv remote effectively (constantly hits incorrect buttons - due to a lack of understanding - that lead to the signal source constantly being switched from TV to another source). Has anyone else encountered a similar issue and purchased a simpler, large button remote to solve this sort of problem? Please suggest products (with links) if you are willing. Many thanks

been there, done that. got my MIL the above remote, but she wore me out with endless phone calls in a state of confusion on which button to push, worth a try though.

I tried this with my dad, but it was a failure because he was already too far gone and couldn't recognize it as a TV remote.
Worth a look:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GR1YZ0

Good luck with your long goodbye.
Keep reaching out for help, you'll never know how much is available until you need it, better to ask sooner than later.

Thanks so much, really do appreciate the positive vibes.

also some TVs have voice control via Alexa, where you just call out the channel, raise or lower the volume, etc. (I think)

The TV in question is not a smart TV, in a manner of speaking, thank goodness, because this would add another level of complexity to an already tricky situation....but I do appreciate the idea.

I remember making "cheat sheets" for my mother on how to use the remote with the TV and VCR. It was beyond her comprehension that she could watch one show at the same time she was recording another! :)

I took pictures of the remote and drew circles and arrows and stuff like that with explanations to go with the arrows. She still called all the time.
Between her, the rest of my family, and friends, the only calls I got for quite some time were "How do I do/fix/get around this?"

Consequently, I hate the phone! :)

I remember making "cheat sheets" for my mother on how to use the remote with the TV and VCR. It was beyond her comprehension that she could watch one show at the same time she was recording another! :)

I took pictures of the remote and drew circles and arrows and stuff like that with explanations to go with the arrows. She still called all the time.
Between her, the rest of my family, and friends, the only calls I got for quite some time were "How do I do/fix/get around this?"

Consequently, I hate the phone! :)

I too have tried the written instructions approach...in my case, frustration led to those instructions being thrown away :) I (and my other family members) are also beginning to seriously dislike the phone!

Back