Large LP Pressing Plant Is Shutting Down

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may turn out to be a very good thing in the long run, they are well know for crappy pressings and if the equipment is bought by a person(s) who care about quality
in time we may end up with pressings like RTI and a few others. The bottom end of the current wham bam thank you mam of pressing plants is pretty bad.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll turn it into a domestic SACD pressing plant! Yeah, RIGHT.
Way back when, I worked for a company where we converted a CD production plant into a pharmaceutical plant. The HVAC system requirements (clean rooms) are about the same for both products. However, I did not know at the time that the "pharmaceutical" that I would become addicted to was going to be Dutton Vocalion SACD. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yes, in batches of 6!!!!!!

I have lots of 50 year old records that still play great. Wear isn't much of an issue if you know how to set up your equipment.
I just did a needledrop of Roy Harper’s HQ from the 1975 UK Harvest EMI original. God darn it came out good in 34/96kHz.

Got a new AT cart for myself as a Christmas present. A gift to me and to my nicer rare and vintage vinyl.

That means there is now only one lacquer producing plant in the world currently. Vinyl production might wind up slowing waaaaay down.

I just did a needledrop of Roy Harper’s HQ from the 1975 UK Harvest EMI original. God darn it came out good in 34/96kHz.

Got a new AT cart for myself as a Christmas present. A gift to me and to my nicer rare and vintage vinyl.
Which AT did you get? And I’m not familiar with 34/96?
Maybe the up side to fewer plants for vinyl; we’ll stop getting huge box sets with LPs I’ll never play;-) I’m more interested now in the old Quad vinyl that’s not being made anymore; with music most folks don’t give a hoot about.
Still, very much tragic for various reasons.

Which cart?

Which AT did you get? And I’m not familiar with 34/96?
Maybe the up side to fewer plants for vinyl; we’ll stop getting huge box sets with LPs I’ll never play;-) I’m more interested now in the old Quad vinyl that’s not being made anymore; with music most folks don’t give a hoot about.
Still, very much tragic for various reasons.
I'm sure that's a typo for 24/96

Back