HiRez Poll Lieberman, Lori - TRULY [FLAC Download]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate The HiRez 5.1 Download of Lori Lieberman - TRULY

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Sometimes pop singers--and/or singers with a limited vocal range--bring something new to jazz standards (or other repertoire outside their usual lane). I'm not sure Lieberman does. But her earnest and obvious love for these songs is kind of winning, anyway, even if the strongest cut on the album is a wistful new take on her own classic "Killing Me Softly." The recording itself is impeccable, as is the restrained Atmos mix--a masterclass from Clearmountain on how to give space to voice and acoustic instruments.

Holistically I'd probably only give this a very high 7, rounded up to an 8--only because many of the interpretations and vocal stylings don't wow me. But I still consider this well worth having, not least because it's exclusive to IAA. At a time when so many of us are grousing about streaming-only Atmos releases, I think it's essential to support initiatives like this where artists, engineers, and small labels have come together with an outfit like IAA to give us a high-res download option at a really reasonable price.

Last edited:
Back