Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Springsteen's official live archive series. 1978 is my favorite year for live Bruce. The setlists are excellent and the band is realy firing on all cylanders. Incredibly high energy performances. I've gotten about a dozen of these titles from nugs.net and haven't been disappointed (other than the fact that they're all pressed on CD-R.) One thing that is unique on this one when compared to all others that I've purchased, the liner notes says that it was mixed in 2016 (from a multi-track source) by Bob Clearmountain. Bob has stated that for the last couple of decades he usually creates a 5.1 mix for any projects that he's mixing. I wonder if there's a 5.1 mix of this somewhere in the vault?

bs780920_01.jpg
Have you seen the movie "blinded by the light"
In an indirect way about the boss. Very different kind of movie. I liked it.

Oh and what the heck is nugs.net?

Nugs.net is a website that has partnered with several high-profile artists such as Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Crowded House, Wilco and many others to offer complete concerts via streaming, CD-R and download. In the case of Springsteen, the download options include FLAC-HD and DSD. The concerts are all professionally recorded. More than 150 different Springsteen concerts are available. More than 400 different Pearl Jam shows are available.

Hmmm 🤔 @privateuniverse this is making me wonder if any of Bruce’s music would make for a really great Up-mix, since there’s little to none that I know of that’s the real deal Surround?

Certainly not enough Bruce available in surround sound. E Street Band music would be ideal for it given the multiple guitarists and keyboardists.

There are a few little gems that can be found though. On the Darkness on the Edge of Town box set, one of the DVDs has footage of the band performing "The Promise" in the studio. The mix is a discrete Clearmountain 5.1 mix. Also, the mix on the bonus DVD in the American Land edition of We Shall Overcome is a good bit more discrete than most of the Springsteen mixes. In particular, the fiddle parts are firmly planted in the right rear.

Back