Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top 5 Live albums. Ten Years After-Recorded Live 1973, originally a double LP, then went to double CD. This CD version I am listening to is a extra tracks CD. Alvin Lee is so cool.
R-3091967-1356970678-1151.jpg

R-3091967-1356970687-8891.jpg

I looked on Wiki and I have the 2013 CD Reissue.

Track listing (2013 CD reissue of original album with bonus tracks)​

CD 1, original record tracks are 1–5 and bonus tracks are 6–8​

1. "One of These Days" (A. Lee) – 6:20 (Frankfurt)
  2. "You Give Me Loving" (A. Lee) – 6:10 (Frankfurt)
  3. "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" (Williamson) – 7:27 (Frankfurt)
  4. "Hobbit" (R. Lee) – 8:36 (Frankfurt)
  5. "Help Me" (Williamson, Bass) – 10:49 (Amsterdam)
  6. "Time Is Flying" (A. Lee) – 5:36 (Frankfurt)
  7. "Standing at the Station (A. Lee) – 11:51 (Frankfurt)
  8. "Jam" (A. Lee, R. Lee, C. Churchill, L. Lyons) – 18:09 (Amsterdam)

CD 2, original record tracks are 5–13 and bonus tracks are 1–4​

1. "Help Me" (Williamson, Dixon, Bass) – 12:06 (Paris)
  2. "I Woke Up This Morning" (A. Lee) – 4:26 (Rotterdam)
  3. "Sweet Little Sixteen" (Chuck Berry) – 4:24 (Frankfurt)
  4. "Jam" (A. Lee, R. Lee, C. Churchill, L. Lyons) – 16:33 (Frankfurt)
  5. "Classical Thing" (A. Lee) – 0:53 (Paris)
  6. "Scat Thing" (A. Lee) – 0:57 (Paris)
  7. "I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes (Part 1)" (A. Kooper) – 1:57 (Paris)
  8. "Extension on One Chord" (A. Lee, R. Lee, Churchill, Lyons) – 10:45 (Paris)
  9. "I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes (Part 2)" (A. Kooper) – 3:12 (Paris)
  10. "Silly Thing" (A. Lee) – 1:09 (Frankfurt)
  11. "Slow Blues in 'C'" (A. Lee) – 8:14 (Frankfurt)
  12. "I'm Going Home" (A. Lee) – 10:54 (Frankfurt)
  13. "Choo Choo Mama" (A. Lee) – 3:21 (Frankfurt)

I learned something. So glad I asked. Bought this on US CBS cassette 12 tracks, US CBS CD 11 tracks and UK BGO CD 12 tracks. Hobbit is the missing track on US CBS CD. Guess I'll be buying it a fourth time soon.

This appears to be the one you have. It has 21 tracks total:
14 from original complete 2 LP (listed as 12. Cryin' Sometimes is listed as three tracks on 2 CD version. All 3 combined as one track on original CD's.)

Just noticed your new post as I was typing this.

https://www.discogs.com/release/5037037-Ten-Years-After-Recorded-Live

Saturday morning housework with a highly concentrated dose of 80's nostalgia.

Frontiers is the Japan for US pressing with the 35DP catalog number in the matrix info. Killer sound!

I have a soft spot for Street Talk. She's Mine is as good if not better than Oh Sherry.

20230415_084658.jpg

Saturday morning housework with a highly concentrated dose of 80's nostalgia.

Frontiers is the Japan for US pressing with the 35DP catalog number in the matrix info. Killer sound!

I have a soft spot for Street Talk. She's Mine is as good if not better than Oh Sherry.

View attachment 90583
I’m a big Journey / Perry fan. I’d love to hear any of those four albums (and throw in Escape) in Atmos.

Side note that’s probably only important to me... I grew up not far away from that radio station on the Raised on Radio cover. It's based on a real station that Perry’s family had some ownership in.

I’m a big Journey / Perry fan. I’d love to hear any of those four albums (and throw in Escape) in Atmos.

Side note that’s probably only important to me... I grew up not far away from that radio station on the Raised on Radio cover. It's based on a real station that Perry’s family had some ownership in.
Like you, I'd love to hear these classic Journey albums in Multichannel. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that we're facing a similar situation as with Supertramp. There is very little communication between the key members which makes this an unlikely scenario I'm afraid.

I had not idea about the radio station. Very cool story. Thank you for sharing!

Like you, I'd love to hear these classic Journey albums in Multichannel. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that we're facing a similar situation as with Supertramp. There is very little communication between the key members which makes this an unlikely scenario I'm afraid.

I had not idea about the radio station. Very cool story. Thank you for sharing!
I think you’re right. And my sense has been that Steve Perry is very particular about what’s done with his era of music. So if he’s not into the idea, it doesn’t happen.

You got me thinking about Journey this moring, so I’m pulling out an obscure one to listen to now:

71Go8zEJMXL._SL1070_.jpg

While some is just geared for movie background moments, songs like Little Girl and Sandcastles are really good.

And here’s the radio station. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find one that showed both towers, but you can see one in the background.

Music from Damien Chazelle's BABYLON [Paramount/Interscope/2 Stereo RBCDs] Chazelle's over 3 hour epic BABYLON may have failed at the box office [I personally LOVED it] but composer Justin Hurwitz's amazing jazz tinged score was singled out for its excellence!

71-cCXD7WtL._SL1200_.jpg

Back