Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday
bigtrain.jpg

Listening to Ben Sidran, while having Sunday lunch with my good wife.
Ben There, Done That
Live around the world
https://www.discogs.com/Ben-Sidran-...e-Around-The-World-1975-2015/release/12795864.

Only got into Ben in 1973 by chance. I Was rooting through a record bargain bin and found this one going for a giveaway...not looked back since. A very talented and clever artist.
https://www.discogs.com/Ben-Sidran-I-Lead-A-Life/release/2037452
I purchased that one on Blue Thumb after hearing Ben on Steve Miller #5.

The Beat of the Brass and Coney island also had specials.

Not sure if all of his specials are on You Tube. I know some are. There are also clips of ABC Hollywood Palace's "A&M Records" show. Of course, it was hosted by Herb. Among the clips is Emmit Rhodes/Merry Go Round.

Ok, next up...

Wings Over America - Paul McCartney and Wings
Deluxe Edition Box Set

1584976645730.jpeg

This album was originally released during my senior year in high school containing three (!!!) vinyl records. I received this album as a high school graduation present from my sisters and listened to it late into the night... It was great getting to hear live versions of all of these songs, and with this release, Maybe I’m Amazed finally got the monster hit status it really deserved. There were three tracks that were new to me, Soily, Richard Cory, and Go Now. And then, best of all, FINALLY, we got to hear Paul sing five Beatles songs live!!!

It was great way to end a great day for me!

You make me feel old. When Wings Over America came out, I had just moved into my first house.

First, I got the LP's, then the 2 CD. I also bought the deeluxe box.
I went through those same purchasing upgrades of album, double CD and now the deluxe box set. McCartney put out a lot of fun extras with his albums back then. I know I had a poster from this album on my wall. I remember looking at the album sleeves, trying to figure out what in the world these slivers of light were.... and finally realizing it was the door of the airplane opening wider on each side of the sleeve... I never understood the color squares... just art I guess! I believe I still have all but one of my old album posters, rolled up in a large cardboard tube.... My John Lennon Imagine poster went off with a friend who was going to get it matted and framed for me.... but it never came back home.

Back