• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Quad Linda

Staff member
Benny Rides Again - Eddie Daniels & Gary Burton GRP CD HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Great tribute to Benny Goodman. Fidelity is stellar, as is performance.

The Best of the Rest - Phil Ochs CD Seventeen Warner/Chappel Demos from '64 & '65 & three unreleased bonus tracks. Proudced by Michael Ochs

Phil Ochs'archives now at Woody Guthrie Center, Tulsa, OK.

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Living the high life..Bungalow Ranch Style. SoCal

Quad Linda

Staff member
The New Don Ellis Band Goes Underground
auf Wiedersehen - Red Garland German CD
Amidst the Chaos - Sara Bareilles
Tafelmusik - Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra Reference Records CD original instrumentation of classics

Süßherz und Tiefenschärfe (expanded) - Michael Rother German CD Shot pool with Rother & Klaus Dinger before their show. (in '98?) Both were members of Neu, Harmonia & early members of Kraftwerk.

Crash Landing - Jimi Hendrix Japan CD
Many people have railed against this album. Additional musicians "sweetened" it after Jimi's death. One of my fave Hendrix albums.

Last edited:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
i am so digging Doug Carn!
1591236985854.png

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Living the high life..Bungalow Ranch Style. SoCal
Crash Landing - Jimi Hendrix Japan CD
Many people have railed against this album. Additional musicians "sweetened" it after Jimi's death. One of my fave Hendrix albums.
Peace in Mississippi was one of our favorites.
For some reason I remember Captain Coconut too!
I might get an original 1975 vinyl pressing.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
i am so digging Doug Carn!
View attachment 52110
Yup Quad!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
It appears that Infant Eyes isn't on Mark's list. Sorry to get your hopes up. There are other Doug Carn LP's that are QS encoded. Their corresponding CD's are also QS.
Thanks SO much for looking! It sounds great through the Neural Surround setting on my AVR-- @J. PUPSTER post explains why!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
The second Doug Carn disc that i scored on Ebay
1591324684965.png

this one shows up on Mark Anderson's list that @Quad Linda referenced--and it, too, sounds GREAT through Neural X!