Quantcast

Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

j9

Dum Dum Girls, I Will Be
Eleven tracks clocking in under 29 minutes—short on time and heavy on the reverb—things don't slow down till their cover of Sonny & Cher's “Baby Don't Go” closes out the album.

ddgiwb.jpg

cbmmm3

300 Club - QQ All-Star
members of Marillion doing their own projects. Both of these albums are simply stellar. Digging both at the moment. Highly recommended

marillionguys.jpg

Marplot

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Barry Manilow Platinum
folder.jpg

I mean Mike Oldfield, but I bet you can guess what I think of it ....

Quad Linda

Staff member
Four incredible Sergio Mendes albums! I bought the first three when I was in grade school. Fool came out when I was an HS Freshman. I began buyiing jazz LP's in 5th grade. Sergio would be in my 5 favorite artists.

Saw Mendes at the Hemmens Auditorium in Elgin, IL a few years ago. Still spectacular!

Met Lani Hall, lead vocalist on those 4 Mendes records, backstage at a Herb Alpert concert. Met Herb a few times, as well. She's been Mrs. Alpert for 50 years. Have seen them together 4 times. Alpert is also in my top 5.

Hall is from Chicago, so they're here often. My Husband & I had our first date at a Alpert/Hall concert at Park West in Chicago.

I highly recommended these import-only Mendes albums:

Japan:
Rendesvoux
Live at Expo '70
Carnival: Live in Japan SQ LP

Brazil:
Horizonte Aberto

UK:
In Concert (MFP)

Peru:
Picardia LP ('83 "Sergio Mendes" w/Never Gonna Let You Go) LP SIDE 1 in SPANISH

Hamilton59

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Four incredible Sergio Mendes albums! I bought the first three when I was in grade school. Fool came out when I was an HS Freshman. I began buyiing jazz LP's in 5th grade. Sergio would be in my 5 favorite artists.

Saw Mendes at the Hemmens Auditorium in Elgin, IL a few years ago. Still spectacular!

Met Lani Hall, lead vocalist on those 4 Mendes records, backstage at a Herb Alpert concert. Met Herb a few times, as well. She's been Mrs. Alpert for 50 years. Have seen them together 4 times. Alpert is also in my top 5.

Hall is from Chicago, so they're here often. My Husband & I had our first date at a Alpert/Hall concert at Park West in Chicago.

I highly recommended these import-only Mendes albums:

Japan:
Rendesvoux
Live at Expo '70
Carnival: Live in Japan SQ LP

Brazil:
Horizonte Aberto

UK:
In Concert (MFP)

Peru:
Picardia LP ('83 "Sergio Mendes" w/Never Gonna Let You Go) LP SIDE 1 in SPANISH

You have a lot of great history with Mendes and company, very cool! I also listened to the first 3 albums while I was in grade school, but they were my father’s albums. He was a musician and had a fairly large album collection. Brasil ‘66 were one of the few groups he had that I would pick out and play (along with Peter, Paul and Mary, and The Beatles). We were living in Madrid, Spain from the winter of 65 through the winter of 68 and we listened to a lot of music while we lived overseas. Brasil ‘66 reminds me of fun times, very cool evenings, and my parent’s cocktail parties. Good times.

Thank you for the album recommendations. I’m not familiar with them and I’ll put them on my list.

David

Last edited: