Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
Front 242 ‎– Front By Front

"Their previous effort (Official Version) was fantastic, but this album was something else again. Easily one of the greatest industrial albums ever made, bar none.
Front by Front hit like a bombshell on its listeners and influenced more bands and songs than can be counted.
From the rampaging start of the album not a single note, sample, guttural syllable, or headache-inducing drum hit is out of place"

71huWietzpL._SL1097_.jpg

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hawkwind Light Orchestra ‎– Carnivorous

Dave Brock - Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Synth, Keyboards & Weird Electronic Gear
Richard Chadwick- Drums
Magnus Martin - Lead guitar & Vocals

Some nice touches of Church of Hawkwind/Choose your masques
"Hawkwind leader Dave Brock might be about to ether his eighth decade, but he shows no sign of slowing down when most people his age are pottering round the local garden centre.

Commander Brock & Magnus Martin blast out some very effective guitar work all the way through. Production is pretty good & the instrumentation is well separated"

61DhPWm+H6L._SL1200_.jpg

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Roxy Music ‎– Country Life

Special guest:

Eddie Jobson (UK)– strings, synthesizer

"This was Roxy Music at the peak of their powers, alternating between majestic, unsettling art rock and glamorous, elegant pop/rock. At their best, Roxy combine these two extremes.
Country Life benefits considerably from the ebb and flow of the group's two extremes, since it showcases their deft instrumental execution and their textured, enthralling songwriting"

Two German Roxy fans (Constanze Karoli and Eveline Grunwald) appear on the album cover.
They also helped Bryan Ferry translate a portion of the song ‘Bitter-Sweet’ into German

81t4zOyM4NL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
One of my all-time favorites! I would LOVE to have this in multichannel
1607950706940.png
Soft Machine Third

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Roxy Music ‎– Country Life

Special guest:

Eddie Jobson (UK)– strings, synthesizer

"This was Roxy Music at the peak of their powers, alternating between majestic, unsettling art rock and glamorous, elegant pop/rock. At their best, Roxy combine these two extremes.
Country Life benefits considerably from the ebb and flow of the group's two extremes, since it showcases their deft instrumental execution and their textured, enthralling songwriting"

Two German Roxy fans (Constanze Karoli and Eveline Grunwald) appear on the album cover.
They also helped Bryan Ferry translate a portion of the song ‘Bitter-Sweet’ into German

View attachment 60298
So these 2 helped "translate"....I bet they have other skills too :whistle:

JanBakker

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
king.jpg

Dynamic range 14, not bad for a metal album
:)

foobar2000 1.5 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2020-12-14 19:47:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: King Diamond / Abigail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR12 -6.45 dB -22.49 dB 1:31 01-Funeral
DR14 -0.49 dB -15.97 dB 5:27 02-Arrival
DR13 -0.40 dB -14.97 dB 4:34 03-A Mansion In Darkness
DR13 -0.30 dB -15.44 dB 4:06 04-The Family Ghost
DR15 -0.59 dB -17.16 dB 4:50 05-The 7Th Day Of July 1777
DR14 -0.40 dB -16.72 dB 3:57 06-Omens
DR14 -0.31 dB -16.79 dB 3:26 07-The Possession
DR14 -0.40 dB -17.20 dB 4:51 08-Abigail
DR12 -1.04 dB -16.49 dB 7:39 09-Black Horsemen

Number of tracks: 9
Official DR value: DR14

Samplerate: 44100 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 16
Bitrate: 959 kbps
Codec: FLAC

Attachments

Last edited:

M-D-Z

QQ Supporter
Banda Magda

A name for you music lovers who live to discover amazing new hyper-talented geniuses that are guaranteed to blow you away, artists who make you wonder how you survived so blissfully ignorant before hearing of them. This whole album is incredible! Here’s the album’s title song, take the time to listen to this album, most of you will be glad you did.

I first heard of Banda Magda from an internet interview with the amazingly versatile bass player Michael League (leader of super group Snarky Puppy). He was asked who his favorite artist was, and this was how I learned of Banda Magda.
The second song listed here performed with Snarky Puppy, ... featured vocalist:
Lalah Hathaway, daughter of Donny Hathaway, SHE is AMAZING! these songs I usually blast at concert level SPLs on the big system!!!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
"Two German Roxy fans" (groupies)
I heard a story that one of those girls on the cover was the sister of a member of Hawkwind......something like that. I bought my import copy when it came out at the original Moby Disc store in Van Nuys Calif. I think the American censored cover is a rarity now....why would you buy that when you could have this.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
One of my all-time favorites! I would LOVE to have this in multichannel
View attachment 60301Soft Machine Third
My first Soft Machine album bought as a promo cut out at a Wallachs Music City when I was a noob and bought it for the hair styles and album side length tracks. I have always liked this one.

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I heard a story that one of those girls on the cover was the sister of a member of Hawkwind......something like that. I bought my import copy when it came out at the original Moby Disc store in Van Nuys Calif. I think the American censored cover is a rarity now....why would you buy that when you could have this.
Yes @jefe1
USA can be inconsistent with these matters.
A picture of a machine gun on an album cover will pass by unnoticed.
A picture of two partially clad young ladies !
OH MY...
Tipper Gore & Nancy Reagan would gladly "reach across the aisle" to get that censored.