Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know you weren't asking me.. but.. regrettably, yes 🤣😂
I remember you had a good take on trying to improve (the dreadful) Devils & Dust 5.1 release... DVD/DTS Poll - Springsteen, Bruce - Devils And Dust [DD DualDisc]

It's almost possibly one of the worst 5.1 mixes out there. Such a shame for an artist like The Boss... I didn't think the new Atmos mix was that great either? Not as bad as those 5.1s but still pretty bland considering the format's capabilities...

I remember you had a good take on trying to improve (the dreadful) Devils & Dust 5.1 release... DVD/DTS Poll - Springsteen, Bruce - Devils And Dust [DD DualDisc]

It's almost possibly one of the worst 5.1 mixes out there. Such a shame for an artist like The Boss... I didn't think the new Atmos mix was that great either? Not as bad as those 5.1s but still pretty bland considering the format's capabilities...

"here lies fredblue; he left no old turd unpolished."

💩🤩💎👀😹⚰️🤣

"Sweet Baby Jane".. 😅🤦‍♀️

two things strike me (boomf! 🤯🔨🤩)

1.) any mix that requires that much work to make it even remotely listenable probably isn't worth bothering with,

2.) i clearly had way too much time on my hands 10 years ago!

🤣😹

Have you heard his 5.1's of Springsteen's Devils & Dust or Train's My Private Nation?
No. That’s why I am asking about the negative comments on this guy. The Powderfinger mix sounds interesting. The sound quality however ( ie how well the instruments were recorded) is not the best.

According to this week's Rhino newsletter, Tom Tom Club's "Genius of Love" is now streaming in Atmos. (Last week, the group's 1981 debut album went platinum.)
Just following up with a clarification, after finally getting a chance to listen on my main system. It's "Genius of Love" only that's mixed in Atmos, not the entire album (sadly). The mix could have been a lot wackier, but one of the instrumental hooks is really well done.

Back