Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe there's a vacancy at the head of WEA's QC department. Or maybe they don't have a QC department? @sjcorne: ready to move up in the industry? A letter of inquiry might be in order. . . .
they should have reissued all the Quads and 5.1's in Dolby Audio of The Spinners, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Grover Washington Jr., America and spent the resources mixing other things into Atmos.

they should have reissued all the Quads and 5.1's in Dolby Audio of The Spinners, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Grover Washington Jr., America and spent the resources mixing other things into Atmos.
The fact that Steven Wilson has been involved in two WEA Atmos projects that we know of (A-Ha's "Take On Me" and The Dead's American Beauty) gives me hope that someone making the decisions over there knows what they're doing.

The fact that Steven Wilson has been involved in two WEA Atmos projects that we know of (A-Ha's "Take On Me" and The Dead's American Beauty) gives me hope that someone making the decisions over there knows what they're doing.
true and while i know it sounds slightly perverse because it would mean less Atmos from Warner, tbh i'd almost rather they stop using the other people altogether (or send them back to "engineering school"! 😂 ) and just leave the Atmos to Steven Wilson and if he's not interested in a particular artist then they can just reissue the Quad or old 5.1 in Dolby Audio.

edit: i should add, i don't think SW is the only person on the planet who can mix music in Atmos, far from it, its just some of the other Atmos efforts of Warner material streaming, so far, is so far below his standard, i'd rather they hadn't bothered.

Songs_from_the_Last_Century_(George_Michael_album_-_cover_art).jpg

Fantastic mix of a beautiful album. It usually seems like an act of desperation when an established artist does an orchestral album or a covers album. This is both. But George really pulls it off. If there was a poll I would not hesitate to give this a 10.

Speaking of which, will we ever start a section of the polls for streaming-only releases?

How's that Jarreau sound?
"Mornin'" is much more all over the place and while musically i love it (what an artist 💘 ) the Atmos doesn't do a great deal, it feels like some of the keyboard parts may have been panned about a bit - maybe - but i'm not sure.. its got lead vocals in Fronts, Rears and bizarrely up in the Heights at full whack as well but not the Centre 😂 so quite unlike the other Al Jarreau Classic mix, which is very nice, this is kinda "meh" 🤷‍♀️

Back