Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone post the Tipping Point, Tidal link? I only see the MQA.

I don’t have the time or energy to retrieve a link, but the Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane single is now available in Atmos.

I‘m sure some would disagree but I personally wish they just added it as Sgt Pepper bonus tracks. Then again I haven‘t checked...maybe they have...

Listening now Apple4K to The Tipping Point in Dolby Atmos. Last time I listened to this at work, stereo Tidal, this is 1000 times better. My receiver reads and outputs Dolby Atmos, 24-48.

R-22296550-1645802610-9508.jpg

Would love to hear if "1" is an improvement in Atmos over the lackluster 5.1 mix?
I just listened to a few of the earlier tracks - and it’s been awhile since I listened to 1 - but they sounded basically the same to me. As I wrote earlier, there’s only so much which can be done with twin track or four track with limited stem bounces until spectral extraction technology gets better.

But I haven’t listen to the later tracks yet.

Especially grateful for this link, as I had just sampled some atmos tracks from One and was unimpressed.
Prefer upmixes.
Disappointed it wasn't included with atmos Pepper stream, searched for SFF & came up with nothing in surround.

To my ears, on my 5.1 system, hearing what I'd hoped for .
Next on my wish list, Rain in surround, though Paperback Writer didn't do much for me in atmos.

Back