Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god! One of my dream surround releases!
Just one track up for me now, but the release date is the 21st so it may be available to some. The one track sounds great
You had me excited there for a minute. I think somebody posted about that preview track on the classical thread (but maybe not on this one) a couple of weeks ago. But if, as you say, the official release is tomorrow, then I guess I am excited after all!

The instrumental half of FOREVERANDEVERNOMORE is out now ahead of its RSD release
Is yours instrumental? When I play it here, it's exactly the same version as before, full of vocals
Edit: Nothing said, they have left the original album untouched and the instrumentals are listed right at the end of it. Dumb me

OK, this is NOT an April fools post (like my Rubber Soul, MMT, White album one :) ) but a discovery, via this mornings email from Paul's site.
1682096422034.png

OK, this is NOT an April fools post (like my Rubber Soul, MMT, White album one :) ) but a discovery, via this mornings email from Paul's site.
View attachment 90813

By golly, so it is. Listening to My Love right now. (One of my favorite McCartney songs.)

I’ll certainly take time to listen to the whole thing later, but just off My Love, it’s not a song I’ll be adding to my “Surround” playlist.

View attachment 90813

Whoa...
Listening now

Update
Nearly finished the first run through.
This has a good mix by Giles n Co.
I'll definitely be playing this one again

Is this the first time this release has been mixed in surround?

Please release this in a physical format

Last edited:
Anyone getting Paul McCartney's & Wings - Red Rose Speedway in ATMOS on Apple Music?
I got an email that said it was available but all I am seeing is the Hi-Rez version.
Amazon has it in ATMOS though.

Anyone getting Paul McCartney's & Wings - Red Rose Speedway in ATMOS on Apple Music?
I got an email that said it was available but all I am seeing is the Hi-Rez version.
?? I announced it just a few posts up.

Anyway,
I love love LOVE this album, always have always will (I remember where and when I bought this in 1973). Despite the horribly maudlin "My Love" (Paul's most saccharin song ever) I think this album has some of Paul's catchiest yet best songwriting, solo-wise.

The Apple Music Atmos mix, a Giles Martin mix, is somewhat typically Giles, for me; that is, a bit frenetic with no real solid 3D picture because things tend to move around.... and a bit pushed up in the 1-2khz range (ala Jeff Lynne), and given that it's a compressed stream....still...I love it for simply what it is..another look at this great album. As with any good Atmos mix, it brings things out from being buried in 2 channel, like a surprising number of great guitar tones that were not easily separated out previously. And as with any streamed Atmos mix, it stands to reason that an uncompressed version would have better sound quality and maybe tame those tipped up gremlins (some of which have been around on this recordings for 50 years).

I'll revisit this a few times today, but more seriously tonight with some mood alterers. :)

On Apple Music search for Red Rose Speedway and select the 2018 remaster not the Archive Collection one.

Finally, a very good surround mix of a McCartney album (I only have 5.1, not Atmos). Then again, only available streaming and no physical release.

Back