Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see on this forum people posting links to Apple Music and Tidal. I have never seen an Amazon Prime link. Does Dolby Atmos exists on this platform at all? Also I'm looking at different distributors, do you see any of my releases in Atmos on Amazon Music?

I would think selecting different Atmos mixes based on speaker configuration would sort of defeat one of the purposes of Atmos.
To me... this is one of the core purposes of Atmos. It allows an audio engineer to create one mix that theoretically works on all speaker configurations. In fact, in the video he doesn't include my specific speaker layout, which is 5.1.4. Making assumptions about the various layouts just leads to further confusion. On a side note, he commented how Netflix led the Audio Description option, and if anything that has been poorly implemented. Consider that in a family situation is is less likely that all members are vision impaired or blind. However, when AD is turned on, all must hear it. A better way to implement this would be to separate the Audio Description track and feed it to a special output that could be connected to over the ear headphones. By doing so the blind user would receive the descriptive audio + hear the 5.1/Atmos or whatever audio has been selected by the sighted users. I would prefer he "fight" for that implementation with the electronics manufactures, movie studios, and streaming services! Meanwhile, I will happily listen to the Dolby Atmos track in whatever configuration I have set up.

Might as well put in a plug for my solo album, Act 3. It's streaming on Apple Music and Tidal in Dolby Atmos/Spatial. I think it's pretty good, but I'm a bit biased. (It is designed to be a complete album, like my favorites, Dark Side Of The Moon and Sgt Pepper.) It's also been nominated for the 2024 Immersive Audio Album Grammy.

You can check it out on Apple here: Act 3 by Ryan Ulyate on Apple Music
And on Tidal here: https://tidal.com/browse/album/335580904

I've got it going from my Apple TV to my Denon AV receiver via HDMI, to my ATC monitors in my studio (where I mixed it). I've got to say that the Dolby Atmos mp4 through this signal chain sounds pretty good.

(It is also available as a Dolby True HD MKV download, but I understand that this is a streaming thread ;-) Act 3 (Immersive Edition) | IAA

Might as well put in a plug for my solo album, Act 3. It's streaming on Apple Music and Tidal in Dolby Atmos/Spatial. I think it's pretty good, but I'm a bit biased. (It is designed to be a complete album, like my favorites, Dark Side Of The Moon and Sgt Pepper.) It's also been nominated for the 2024 Immersive Audio Album Grammy.

You can check it out on Apple here: Act 3 by Ryan Ulyate on Apple Music
And on Tidal here: https://tidal.com/browse/album/335580904

I've got it going from my Apple TV to my Denon AV receiver via HDMI, to my ATC monitors in my studio (where I mixed it). I've got to say that the Dolby Atmos mp4 through this signal chain sounds pretty good.

(It is also available as a Dolby True HD MKV download, but I understand that this is a streaming thread ;-) Act 3 (Immersive Edition) | IAA
Congratulation on the Grammy nomination! So well deserved. A really lovely album with great sounding atmos too. I'll take the opportunity to thank you for all the great stuff you have provided us with, both in 2023 and years before. We really appreciate it!

And to those of you who didn't get what you wanted for Christmas, the MKV download from IAA is the perfect gift to yourself. :)

Actually right now I'm not streaming anything on Tidal in Atmos. Starting about a week ago the app for my LG WebOS TV doesn't load. Just get the Tidal startup screen and then black screen. Tidal tech support is getting right on it, lolol. A known issue as I've seen plenty of Reddit posts about it. Anyone here using Tidal on LG app? Any problems?

Last edited:
Back