Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to this today, and I was really disappointed. The drop off in volume from the first song to the next was striking; the mix was not. YMMV
Agreed. I posted this on another thread a bit earlier ....

I just compared them as well. I'm still 5.1 downmix based. I cant say the streamed mix is any better that the BRD release. But I can say, the sonics are superior on the BRD, by a good margin.

Agreed. I posted this on another thread a bit earlier ....

I just compared them as well. I'm still 5.1 downmix based. I cant say the streamed mix is any better that the BRD release. But I can say, the sonics are superior on the BRD, by a good margin.
I have the DVD-Audio release, and while it's not a stunner by any means, it sounds so much better than this version.

I listened to this today, and I was really disappointed. The drop off in volume from the first song to the next was striking; the mix was not. YMMV
I noticed the drop off also, but I liked it.
Track 1, Tom Sawyer has a big echo feel especially in Geddy's vocals.
Track 2, Red Barchetta drops in volume a bit, so I raised the volume and sonically I didn't hear the echo vibe.
Track 3, YYZ, sounds great.
Track 4, Limelight, volume back up.
Track 5, the Camera Eye, sounds great in atmos with that opening synth sound and drums, never heard it so good.

Seriously good Atmos mix. I + this album to my playlist, don't want to lose it. I + a few others, going to listen to Saxon after this.

Last edited:
Liking Fleetwood Mac-Rumors now. I know another previously released 5.1, and I have listened to enough on Apple4K that some releases should not even be called Atmos, and some have a very sporadic non consistent Atmos mix even though the floor foundation (5.1) is good.
But I feel like I am hitting good stuff tonight with very strong Atmos signals, that is what I look for first, than I worry about sonics and all that other jazz later. Plus I really like seeing lyrics, oh just bring back those old beautiful DVD-A's with the pictures and the lyrics, still love them.

Yesterday it was the album itself in stereo, today it is the album itself in Dolby Atmos. Welcome to Apple Music, you never know what mix you will get.

Rumours

box-o-chocolates.jpg

One more update this morning. The fellow who runs the website has been really kind and diligent with follow-ups, and this morning he relayed this news from Brad Wood: “The label is working to get Atmos and Lossless versions back into Apple Music ASAP. It had to do with an exclusive arrangement Liz made with Amazon and that exclusive period has ended.” No specifics on timing, but it sounds like they're actively working on it.

Update: GREAT NEWS is that Liz Phair's Soberish is now on AM in Atmos and quite fantastic! Nice job to Brad Wood!!

https://music.apple.com/us/album/soberish/1556102685

Liking Fleetwood Mac-Rumors now. I know another previously released 5.1, and I have listened to enough on Apple4K that some releases should not even be called Atmos, and some have a very sporadic non consistent Atmos mix even though the floor foundation (5.1) is good.
But I feel like I am hitting good stuff tonight with very strong Atmos signals, that is what I look for first, than I worry about sonics and all that other jazz later. Plus I really like seeing lyrics, oh just bring back those old beautiful DVD-A's with the pictures and the lyrics, still love them.
We listened to this Friday, and I was floored. I wasn't a big FM fan back in the day, but I have this album in multichannel. It's good, but this Atmos version is demo material, in my opinion.

Back