Magenta - Area 27, Announced!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the CD+DVD of The Twenty Seven Club. This was my first exposure to Magenta (sold by the mentions here and The Lizard King video).

Beautiful album. I am usually somewhat of a distracted listener, but was eyes closed in my prime seating position within seconds. Fantastic music and a wonderful surround mix.

So, should I work my way back in time or just buy their whole catalog ;-)

I'm a long time Magenta fan and although I think The Twenty Seven club is their best yet I'm pretty sure you'll like the rest.

However (exclusive, world first announcement here that Rob's just given me the go ahead for) drum roll...

Seven, Metamorphosis and Chameleon, which all have equally superb surround mixes, will be made available very soon as hi-res 5.1 downloads, so you may want to hold fire before getting those. Don't know what format yet, but it's definitely happening :)

I'm a long time Magenta fan and although I think The Twenty Seven club is their best yet I'm pretty sure you'll like the rest.

However (exclusive, world first announcement here that Rob's just given me the go ahead for) drum roll...

Seven, Metamorphosis and Chameleon, which all have equally superb surround mixes, will be made available very soon as hi-res 5.1 downloads, so you may want to hold fire before getting those. Don't know what format yet, but it's definitely happening :)

Neil, this is very cool. Will he make the 27 Club available as a highres as well?
I have already ordered 27 Club but would love the highres if it was available.

Neil, this is very cool. Will he make the 27 Club available as a highres as well?
I have already ordered 27 Club but would love the highres if it was available.

I'm not aware of any plans to release The Twenty Seven club as a download.

I would love to have it uncompressed but to be honest the 24/96 DTS sounds (to my ears at least) easily as good as many uncompressed 5.1 mixes I have.

yes you should!

And I did. And even if there are hi res surround downloads coming soon, I'm enjoying them all now and no regrets. Nothing better than finding a group you really like when they have a catalog of music you missed that you can binge on!

I'm very interested in getting this - the Amazon US listing is vague. Is this the right one?

Audio CD
Original Release Date: 2013
Number of Discs: 2
Format: CD, Import, Limited Collector's Edition
Label: Tigermoth Records
ASIN: B00F2NSCDW

I'm very interested in getting this - the Amazon US listing is vague. Is this the right one?

Audio CD
Original Release Date: 2013
Number of Discs: 2
Format: CD, Import, Limited Collector's Edition
Label: Tigermoth Records
ASIN: B00F2NSCDW

I'm 99% certain that's it. The same listing is on the UK Amazon site and although the title states 2 CD, the text description clearly states "Comes with a DVD that contains a 5.1 surround sound mix of the album."

Back