Marantz 4000 Quad Adapter/Preamp

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsilkini

Hello All:

Please forgive me, but I just got a hold of a Marantz 4000 Quad Adapter/Preamp and do not really know how to use it. I even have the manual and can not figure it out.

Is anyone familar with this unit?

Ideally I would like to use it just as a preamp for a two channel system,since I have a Marantz 4270 already. Can this be done or can it just be used to as a Quad adapter for a two channel amp.

Thanks for any help and forgive my incredible ignorance.

If I can not use it as a preamp, I will probably be selling it, so if anyone is interested let me know.

Best,

Mike

I looked this amp up on the Classic Audio website. It seems to be a straightforward 4 channel pre-amp. There's a diagram showing a 4 cable connection to the matching poweramp, as well as to a receiver. My guess is that if you wanted to use it as a 2 channel pre-amp, you would run it in stereo mode and use the front l&r outputs. If you wanted to utilize the decoder you'd need to run a second stereo amp for the rear channels, or a nice 4 channel amp such as an older Audionics.

Back