Maya 44 I/O Card

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenceo

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I've been inching closer to home DVD-A creation and the next step is a audio input card. I've been leaning toward the Maya 44. It supports 4 in and 4 out plus 5.1 out through digital RCA jack and Toslok. Anyone know any reason to stay away from this one? All I really want to do is backup my Quad LP's, so 4 inputs should be fine for me. I found this card at DJDeals for $128.00 and free shipping. Certainly fits into the budget for that price. Thoughts??

Spence

I just looked up the specs, I don't have the card. The only issue I see is the sampling rate and bit depth. It looks like it only supports 44.1 or 48khz and 16 bit. I don't really know if you'd notice the difference with a vinyl source - though there are those that consider vinyl the ultimate high-rez format. I think that for about $50 more M-Audio has a PCI card with 4 inputs that supports 96/24.

Actually if you check Amazon they say Office Depot is selling the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI with 4 in and 4 out for $91. As the model implies it is 24 bit 96KHz. Seems like a good price.

I have a first generation Maya 44 card at work. My only complaint about it is that the software mixer doesn't work. You can pull the input fader down to nothing, and only slightly lower the level of the audio being recorded. Fortunately, I run everything through an outboard mixer, so this isn't an issue for me.

Perhaps this is fixed in the newer version.

I can't really comment on the sound quality because I do not have a critical listening environment at work (too much background noise). But it seems to sound OK.

J. D.

I just looked up the specs, I don't have the card. The only issue I see is the sampling rate and bit depth. It looks like it only supports 44.1 or 48khz and 16 bit. I don't really know if you'd notice the difference with a vinyl source - though there are those that consider vinyl the ultimate high-rez format. I think that for about $50 more M-Audio has a PCI card with 4 inputs that supports 96/24.

Hi BananaSlug,

Please bare with me on this, as I'm just learning about all this stuff. As I read these specs it seem to me to be able to support 96/24.

http://www.audiotrak.net/maya44mk2.htm

http://www.djdeals.com/egosystemsMAYA44.htm

The first link is the MKII and the DJDeals seems to be the first model. Am I reading these spec correctly??

Also thanks for the heads up on the office depot deal, I'll check that out as well.

Spence

Yup, found this "now the revamped MAYA44 MKII has 24bit/96kHz real DAC and ADC" I must have found the specs on the Mark I with my search. I really couldn't tell you if one is better than the other. I have a 2-in M-Audio card that I like, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

Back