DVD/DTS Poll Miller, Steve - Fly Like An Eagle [DTS CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS-CD of Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle [1999]

• Total voters
I bought this DTS CD a couple of months ago and didn't even open it up until today...thought I would start 2015 with this title...usually even in the good DTS CD's at some point in the recording I find sections that sound "thin"...but this one never has this problem...it's robust...it doesn't play like a normal DTS CD...more like a DVD-A...missing seconds...hissing...sounds like the Orient Express...or Watergate tapes...I don't doubt these things exist..I'm evaluating this disc on what I hear..not what's missing.... to me this is a 10 all day long...content is king for me...and this disc has it...surround...this disc has it...although hiss wasn't evident to me...it's a badge of honor I would gladly accept on any vintage recording....for those that just want to listen to a disc that sounds warm and inviting...this is a fine example...

Oh, ok. I thought he was talking about a mastering engineer.

I like Book of Dreams way better.

Thanks for the lightning-fast response! So I assume the DTS-CD corrected the channel swap in the Q8 or did it retain the error. I've passed up the Q8 on fleabay a few times... had no idea about the channel swap so glad I didn't pull the trigger!!!

The DTS-CD has the correct channel layout. I don't actually have the tape, but offhand I recall at least three members here mentioned the swapped channel over the years. I do have another Capitol tape (Mandingo III) with the same channel error.

Back