My modest collection so far...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quattroatl

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I started this obsession about 7 months ago when I saw that Metallica had a dvd audio version of their "Black" album on their website...

DVD-A...

The Eagles - Hotel California
The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over (DTS)
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Foo Fighters - One by One
Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Beck - Sea Change
Beck - Guero
Queen - A Night at the Opera
Queen - The Game
Metallica - Black Album
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
The Flaming Lips - At War with the Mystics
The Flaming Lips - Soft Bulletin
Sting - Nothing Like the Sun (DTS)
Alicia Keys - Songs in A Minor
Britney Spears - In the Zone
Seal - Best: 1991-2004
Stone Temple Pilots - Core
The Beatles - Love
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (DTS)
Porcupine Tree - The Incident
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream
Bjork - Vespertine
Donald Fagen - Morph the Cat
Donald Fagen - Kamakiriad
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Motorhead - Overkill
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
Linkin Park - Reanimation
Keane - Hopes and Fears (Dual Disc)
NIN - With Teeth (Dual Disc)
Duran Duran - Astronaut (Dual Disc)
The Doors - Perception boxset
Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won
Pink Floyd - DSOTM quad mix dvda

My sacd collection...
http://www.sa-cd.net/library/6867/1

Like many others, I have found some decent DTS mixes floating around the torrent world. I would rather have the real deal, but some albums are just too hard to come by it seems. I also have NIN Pretty Hate Machine 5.1 upmix. It's great for what it is.

I wish that I knew about hirez music when things were current because it would have saved me a small fortune!

Last edited:
Great job. I'll bet there are many folks here who wish they had a collection such as yours!

Like many others, I have found some decent DTS mixes floating around the torrent world. I would rather have the real deal, but some albums are just too hard to come by it seems. I also have NIN Pretty Hate Machine 5.1 upmix. It's great for what it is.

Well, the point is to do more than just listen and to actually get out there and create. I get more enjoyment out of listening to something I created myself than something I picked up off a shelf. To others, it may not matter but, to me, it matters a ton. I'm glad you've found some joy in listening to others' creations as well. :)

Well, the point is to do more than just listen and to actually get out there and create. I get more enjoyment out of listening to something I created myself than something I picked up off a shelf. To others, it may not matter but, to me, it matters a ton. I'm glad you've found some joy in listening to others' creations as well. :)

If there is a forum that teaches beginners like me the process of upmixing, please do share. I am beyond thankful to guys like you and kap'n krunch for your hard work and efforts.

Cheers!

Man, i would love to know how much time and money you have spent presumably trawling through ebay for these discs (like my experience) . It is always sad then to realise that after a short period of time ( but a lot of money) the decent titles soon run dry . Full credit for buying ' Hotel California ' and Co. I've always desired them but concede that i am too much of a tight ass ( Aussie term for miser ) to shell out the big bucks. I hope you are enjoying them.

thank you!

Man, i would love to know how much time and money you have spent presumably trawling through ebay for these discs (like my experience) . It is always sad then to realise that after a short period of time ( but a lot of money) the decent titles soon run dry . Full credit for buying ' Hotel California ' and Co. I've always desired them but concede that i am too much of a tight ass ( Aussie term for miser ) to shell out the big bucks. I hope you are enjoying them.

I originally had DTS rips of both Hotel California and Rumours, and they sounded great. Heck, one can find DTS rips of all the top fleabay selling sacd's and dvd-a's as I have. But knowing that the real deal in hirez is still available, I just could not resist. Roxy Music's Avalon, Beck's Sea Change, Depeche Mode's Violator, etc., ...you name it, it's "out there".

It has been an obsession to say the least. You are right about the good titles being scarce and the realization that not much is left to acquire. It's sad that both formats died. I have purchased music that I would not have even considered because of my curiosity in its multichannel mix.

I grew up in the 80's and 90's and am a huge fan of alternative music, so the current must haves for me are Frankie Goes to Hollywood sacd and The Cardigans sacd. I have the DTS rip of Frankie and the quality is just not there. The mixing seems okay, but I hear a lot of compression. I am hoping that the sacd is much better sonically. Anyone who has it care to chime in?

Last edited:
Very well done quattroatl. Your music tastes seem similar to mine.

You have acquired some very hard to find titles in a short period of time.

Very well done quattroatl. Your music tastes seem similar to mine.

You have acquired some very hard to find titles in a short period of time.

Lots of bidding and being outbid...frustrating to say the least. Mixed in with the normal outrageously expensive fleabay purchases are finds at FYE and more than fair purchases through this website as well as avsforum.

People should be snapping up the Elton John sacd's while they are still cheap and readily available.

Others that come to mind are The Flaming Lips stuff, and Queen's ANATO which can be found on fleabay for less than $30 shipped. Some of Depeche Mode sacd's can still be found on amazon.uk. Music for the Masses is a steal IMHO, as it contains some of their best music. Linkin Park's Reanimation and Foo Fighter's In Your Honor can be bought used cheap on amazon as well. Both are killer mixes.

This is all just one man's opinions, of course =).

Cheers!

Back