Nashville: “Intermission”

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick hello, our AT&T Internet is out of service until at least tomorrow. By now everyone is seen the news, nothing conclusive and lots of conjecture out there. Hoping we know more soon. Take care, might not be in here as much without broadband.
Been watching even tho I live so far away. Better to lose broadband than your life. Good to see your post.

Yes today was not a Merry Christmas for us here in Nashville....2020 has been a terrible year for our city with the tornadoes, the pandemic and now this bombing.

It's very comforting to be able to come here to QQ and get a little normalcy with friends here ...Thank you!.....I hope 2021 is a better year for all of us!

Yes today was not a Merry Christmas for us here in Nashville....2020 has been a terrible year for our city with the tornadoes, the pandemic and now this bombing.

It's very comforting to be able to come here to QQ and get a little normalcy with friends here ...Thank you!.....I hope 2021 is a better year for all of us!

I watched the terrible news as it was breaking. Absolutely horrible. Thankfully only a few people were injured and from what I understand not seriously. But the extent of the damage was severe especially to that AT&T building.

See the source image

Please understand my usage of ‘intermission’ is a reference to the interruption in our 24/7 involvement with our computers and devices and streaming services lately. Wasn’t being flippant.

What I can’t work out yet is that the blast was at 6:32am yet I was browsing fo help on a WIN 10 issue at 10:30am and my last email came thru at 11:37am.

I view this interruption as an opportunity to step back and take stock of it all. Cheers

EDIT: news just mentioned internet service went down a couple hours after the blast.

Last edited:
Damn. Tim and Mike and everyone else down there, what a horrible start to Christmas. This year hasn't been bad enough and now this. Despicable shit.
I really don't know what to say except thankfully there were not massive injuries. What a world this is becoming.

Terrible to see such damage, but there are no evil people. There are a lot of mental challenged humans not getting any or proper help. Selfish indeed. If this guy was "evil" he would have completed his execution taking as many as he could. He tried to avoid that. Don't blow your brains across the room, someone has to clear the mess. Don't blow up motorhomes, quite the mess everywhere. Crawl in the back of the car with a hose from the exhaust. The issue of mental illness is just not dealt with by society. And there are plenty to see here, where winters are not to rough. We have tent cities, and many have folk who just are not able to handle the pressure of life in 2020 USA. They kill themselves with smack everyday..... we have to make access to mental health easy, and that is about impossible in our medical mess we have to wiggle thru. Getting to medicare was like stepping into the fantasy world where if you have a problem, there is an easy way to get it observed. Wish it was that easy for everyone.

Let's chill on this thread please, my internet has been restored just now. I have read so many convoluted theories even on the AT&T Outage comments page that my faith in humanity is going to take longer to restore. Just one whacked up person thankfully, all that crazy conjecture now turns to dust.

I did manage to read an old friend's short story this morning and discuss with him on a Face Time call. He had sent it to me weeks and weeks ago and I just 'never found the time'. The past few days have made it clear that 'making time' becomes more important as more grains fall through the hourglass. I hope everyone is having a pleasant (valley) Sunday. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, here in Minnesota this time of year, there is no "charcoal burning everywhere". That has always been one of my favorite parts of summer.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back