Neil Young-Harvest-50th Anniversary-Pre Order (No Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one. It's a very nice release, esp for $37.79, which Amazon price protected for me. It sucks that the DVD-A wasn't in there (or bluray), but I already have it and a fixed up version, so mostly it's very cool for the BBC concert (which I had on a bootleg DVD) and the outakes. The package itself is put together very well.

If you like this album, and this era Neil, it's almost a no-brainer purchase, despite the lack of the surround mix

The new Atmos mix on Apple Music is a step up from the old DVD-A, in my opinion at least. Neil and his harmonica are upfront, while his acoustic guitar is usually in right side/rear and other accompaniment like the banjo in "Old Man" is mostly in left side/rear. It would've been cool to have that on Blu-Ray in this set.

I’m sorry but I am done buying physical media that does not contain blu-ray with Atmos or at the very least 5.1 DVD.
I love Neil Young but I don’t need another bloated box full of discs I would only listen or watch maybe one time.

The new Atmos mix on Apple Music is a step up from the old DVD-A, in my opinion at least. Neil and his harmonica are upfront, while his acoustic guitar is usually in right side/rear and other accompaniment like the banjo in "Old Man" is mostly in left side/rear. It would've been cool to have that on Blu-Ray in this set.

Shows you how out of touch I am these days. I had no idea there is a new surround Atmos mix of Harvest. If so, they HELL YES! It should have been in the box on bluray!!

Shows you how out of touch I am these days. I had no idea there is a new surround Atmos mix of Harvest. If so, they HELL YES! It should have been in the box on bluray!!
AGREE! No BD~A ....NO DEAL. And from the sound of the new ATMOS remix, not much better than that wonky HARVEST MLP DVD~A which IMO should have been CORRECTED and REPRESSED.

Neil Young Harvest - 2022 Atmos mix
I don't see this on Tidal. Is this available on Apple Music in the US? I searched this thread and didn't see a link. Is the mix any better than the 5.1?

There was a widely reported issue with the audio on the BBC DVD in this set, with a subsequent exchange programme.

Amazon UK are also selling the corrected replacement DVD for 99p! Being a replacement disc only, It arrives in a plain white sleeve, but a bargain for anyone not wanting the full box set…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BBC-Concert-February-1971-DVD/dp/B0C4D1C5HP

There was a widely reported issue with the audio on the BBC DVD in this set, with a subsequent exchange programme.

Amazon UK are also selling the corrected replacement DVD for 99p! Being a replacement disc only, It arrives in a plain white sleeve, but a bargain for anyone not wanting the full box set…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BBC-Concert-February-1971-DVD/dp/B0C4D1C5HP
Well with knowing nothing about it ordered it. $11.01 US so I figure why not. What is the audio on the disc? (stereo / mch) ? Otherwise I'm sure it's AC3.

Well with knowing nothing about it ordered it. $11.01 US so I figure why not. What is the audio on the disc? (stereo / mch) ? Otherwise I'm sure it's AC3.
It’s just stereo, here is a pic of the rear of the original sleeve

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 0
It's from a BBC music series in the early 70's. I have a DVD-R of it from years ago.
Pretty much the same timeline as Massey Hall post Goldrush pre-Harvest.
Excellent show.
I've also seen a Joni Mitchell show from this series. Equally good

Back