Never Mind $125 for Alice Cooper ... how bout this QUAD SQ WYWH?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadralizer

LIVERPOOL UK - it's FAB'N'GEAR & 'European Capitol
AS WAS DESCRIBED ON EBAY:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2580108839&category=45545

PINK FLOYD RARE QUAD LP WISH YOU WERE HERE!!

Rare?? as may be, BUT would you pay this for it ...
some dipstick did! AND the sleeves 'Fire Damaged' as well :)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Winning bid: </TD><TD width="100%">GBP 230.00
Approximately US $417.96 :yikes
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NOW THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!

I remember that one from December. Pink Floyd really brings out the bucks.
There hasn't been a UK DSOM Q8 out there in a few years. Last one went for over $700!!

YIKES!!!!! I should pull out my sealed Quad WYWH LP and sell it...I need to send my kid to college eventually...

Even tho he didn't win it, "heaterwarehouse" struck again! He was a high rolling bidder.

He'll pay anything if he wants it bad enough...kind of ruins it for us "normal" income folk.

ss9001 said:
Even tho he didn't win it, "heaterwarehouse" struck again! He was a high rolling bidder.

He'll pay anything if he wants it bad enough...kind of ruins it for us "normal" income folk.

I am not sure if "normal" applies here to income, or sanity! Just being fiscally "able" to pi$$ money away, doesn't mean that one "should" pi$$ money away. Mike.

Quadzilla said:
I am not sure if "normal" applies here to income, or sanity! Just being fiscally "able" to pi$$ money away, doesn't mean that one "should" pi$$ money away. Mike.

never mind the Alice Cooper or PF WYWH take a look :confused:

HARMON KARDON MODEL 8+ QUADRAPHONIC DECK-MINT - Item #3068765553 Final price: $280.00

this guy have more money than Brains ?????????????????? :confused:
Gerardo

:confused:
quadgdiaz said:
never mind the Alice Cooper or PF WYWH take a look :confused:

HARMON KARDON MODEL 8+ QUADRAPHONIC DECK-MINT - Item #3068765553 Final price: $280.00

this guy have more money than Brains ?????????????????? :confused:
Gerardo
QuadBob knows him; may have done a restoration for him. QB said he is a serious quad collector and that money is not an issue. Knowing how much he's paid for some, it's pointless to bid on an LP he's bidding on because I'm not paying $300 for a LP!

Check the guy's bid history, he's made a pile of LP purchases. Unfortunately, he and I have had similar LP interests. I find one that looks interesting and there he is already. Knowing that he'll outbid what I 'd be willing to pay, I thought it would be fitting to bid against him just to cost him more money! But I'd probably end up winning it for some ridiculous amount!

Heck, I only paid twenty bucks for my Panasonic Q8 player, only to find out what I had learned 30 years ago ... that 8-tracks sound like crap, wow like a drunken sailor, and won't play unless you jam a pack of matches under the tape cartridge. Cool piece to look at though. Cheers, Mike.

I had a HK 8+ back when. As I remember it was a great quad 8 playback-only deck for the price. Firm cart & tape to capstan contact. About the best wow & flutter for the format to my ears and easy operation. Especially liked the push button eject which was "non clunky". Speed was always stable and the sound was on the warm side. A good thing for this format because it kept the hiss down. Mine was connected to a pair of Benjamin Concord Dolby decoding units which worked well for the encoded Columbia carts. Didn;t work well at all for the rest though-too muddy. So most my carts were played straight through without decoding. Hiss was not that bad given the format. Better than the other quad players I owned. Never owned a recorder so can't compare it to them. I had about 30-40 carts and it never ate them or tightened them. They always played well. A very elegant yet inexpensive player!

Back