Birdsong At Morning debut album "Annals Of My Glass House" coming in 5.1 & Dolby Atmos!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Birdsong goes Atmos, streaming only for now (from 8/4):
IMG_20230724_205039.jpg

I know you don't want to damage sales of the individual EPs, @sjcorne, but are you at liberty to say anything about the album that they'll be gathered into? (E.g., might it contain extras--or any other incentive/reward for buyers of the EPs...?) Will it be an electronic replica of the 2011 CD/DVD box set, only with 5.1 mixes, and maybe a PDF of the book?

Last edited:
I know you don't want to damage sales of the individual EPs, @sjcorne, but are you at liberty to say anything about the album that they'll be gathered into? (E.g., might it contain extras--or any other incentive/reward for buyers of the EPs...?) Will it be an electronic replica of the 2011 CD/DVD box set, only with 5.1 mixes, and maybe a PDF of the book?
Not entirely sure as of yet, but my guess for now is an electronic replica of the 2011 set with 5.1 & Atmos.

The first EP launch on 8/4 was originally supposed to include Atmos as well (I even tested early iterations of a few tracks), but they're currently on hold as Alan is moving to a new studio space. As of now, I think the plan is to have the Bound Atmos mixes out in tandem with the next EP launch (Heavens) sometime before the end of this year - a discount will be offered to those who already purchased the 5.1's.

Alan's song notes are great--any chance they could be put into pdf form and included with the download?
There is a PDF included with the download, but I'm not sure if it has the song notes. I went digging for info on the EP to include in the announcement blog and found those buried deep in the Blue Gentian website, he probably hasn't looked at them since they were written over a decade ago.

Bay Staters and New Hampshirites: in a Blue Gentian newsletter this morning, Alan had this announcement:

And if you happen to be in the Merrimack Valley area in the middle of the month, Alan’s UMass Lowell Talking Heads ensemble will be performing Remain in Light on Nov. 12 and 13. Free and open to the public.

Nov. 12
https://www.tixr.com/groups/taffetamusic/events/the-umass-lowell-talking-heads-ensemble-82691

Nov. 13
https://www.tixr.com/groups/taffetamusic/events/the-umass-lowell-talking-heads-ensemble-82692

1698767562201.png

There is a PDF included with the download, but I'm not sure if it has the song notes. I
Song notes? If that means lyrics, yes the pdf included in Bound and Heaven have full lyrics, a
bunch of photos, more. I love what is being done here, thanks IAA and all.
No offense to the lyrics or vocal but I find myself listening to the instrumental cuts mainly, I'm so
glad their in the 5.1 mix. Many others only give you a 2ch instrumental track.
I'm hoping when the Atmos mixes are released that will also be true.

Back