New "Moondance" Blu-Ray Region-Free?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectomix

I'm in the US, and it looks like the only options to buy the new Van Morrison standalone "Moondance" Blu-Ray is either from the Rhino Records website, or from various sellers overseas.
Amazon's got import copies a bit cheaper than Rhino thanks to free shipping, but I can't seem to find any confirmation as to whether I need to worry about the disc's Region status?

I'm in the US, and it looks like the only options to buy the new Van Morrison standalone "Moondance" Blu-Ray is either from the Rhino Records website, or from various sellers overseas.
Amazon's got import copies a bit cheaper than Rhino thanks to free shipping, but I can't seem to find any confirmation as to whether I need to worry about the disc's Region status?
It's been confirmed in other topics that all Moondance blurays are ABC (international, region free). I see zero mention of this on the disc or liner notes. They probably didn't bother doing a region specific pressing (cost for little/no benefit). I find most music/live show Blurays nowadays are ABC/region free. I'm in USA and my catalog BA2-1835 bluray plays.

It's been confirmed in other topics that all Moondance blurays are ABC (international, region free). I see zero mention of this on the disc or liner notes. They probably didn't bother doing a region specific pressing (cost for little/no benefit). I find most music/live show Blurays nowadays are ABC/region free. I'm in USA and my catalog BA2-1835 bluray plays.
Thanks! Yeah, I knew it was unlikely, but it being a Rhino.com exclusive in the US had me second-guessing, cuz I'm used to being able to find a high-profile title like this at most any major retailer. (Maybe the labels are gonna start doing more of this sort of thing as a profit margin play, so they can hoard every last penny from the relatively few physical media sales that are left going forward...)

Back