New to site / Quad

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richs_trains

Hey all, Have been collecting vintage gear for awhile, almost all Marantz and have 4 quad units in my inventory, two of which are currently in use. I have a Marantz 4400 with an SQA-2 and a CD 400b, and a 4070 with an SQA-1 and have been trying to assemble a collection of quad material. I am asking for other members take on CD-4 vs SQ. My limited personal experience is that SQ is easier and less finicky than CD-4. I have still not found a quad cartridge that works better than my stereo Audio Technica, and my Shure cartridges won't even track CD-4 quad. The CD-4 seems to have better separation, but not as good of frequency response, right now I am listening to Santana on the 4070 in SQ and it sounds very good. So here's my first post, I really enjoy my membership in Audio Karma and hope to enjoy the same love of music here at QuadraphonicQuad. Rich 4400_eq130_5020.jpgsilverwall.jpg

Hiya Rich Awesome koooooooooo stuff - ya came to the right place for all your Surround /quad neeeeeeeeeeeeeds and questions :banana:

Welcome aboard the QQ train :51banana:

Back